OKTurbo at NARAM 63

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would share some pics and video of my time at NARAM. We had a good time. The weather was mostly hot and a bit windy. We had to leave a bit early when we got the call from our daughter that the AC went out at home. Yippee!

Deuce’s Wild. Only one motor lit, but I got it back in one piece. I used the MJG black powder igniters thinking they would be better than the Estes ones…
5794C8A8-7115-4D0A-89FC-5B3CBE76CB98.jpeg

Last edited:
My old scratch upscale Interceptor. I want to find a way to share this video with “Sandman” Gordon Agnello. He helped me make this a reality many years ago. Custom nose cone, wing pods, and tail cone. This thing flies so good even after all these years. It’s earned all the scars. In the video, look at the flag, then look how straight it flies. Amazing.

Last edited:
Maiden flight on my newest Mighty Mick. This one is dual deploy with 54mm motor mount. Had a CATO on CTI I236. Bummer! I will repair it…it will fly.
41CCF4D3-D5F9-4C3F-87F8-53E4B8C7FC21.jpeg
FB219E18-00F1-4A0B-B44A-9C9F9EC7D6B5.jpeg

Didn’t end up flying this one. The winds were too high and in the wrong direction. Rockets were drifting over the crowd / parking area… drifting on into the contest field. I called it…

Prepping my Arapahoe X. I bought an I175 DMS single use motor at the field for it…would have been great, but I didn’t want to risk it landing on something or someone.

Another custom nosecone by Gordon Agnello BTW.
543FE373-ED8A-4D25-9FC4-2375E1CD137E.jpeg

Back