OH S@%^!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say it was the best turkey I have ever had. Smoked on the smoker is so Juicy and Flavorful.

Yup, smoked ours 7 hours today also, after an overnight brining. Perfectly juicy and flavorful. In-law family raved about it.

None of them noticed I stayed with the ham............muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!! /sarc.

Use a Green Mountain pellet smoker/grill, 250-ish the whole time. It really was amazing, if I do say. My old offset stick burner, while rewarding, was a pain in the kiester.

I used an OK Joe with real pecan limbs.
I’ve been waiting to get my Pitmaker for some time. Other priorities always take my funding.
I live in the land of Traegers. Unfortunately everything I have ever tasted from a Traeger tastes like it was smoked with plywood.

Yup, smoked ours 7 hours today also, after an overnight brining. Perfectly juicy and flavorful. In-law family raved about it.

None of them noticed I stayed with the ham............muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!! /sarc.

Use a Green Mountain pellet smoker/grill, 250-ish the whole time. It really was amazing, if I do say. My old offset stick burner, while rewarding, was a pain in the kiester.

They look nice. We injected ours with Jalapeno butter. I have never tried brinning, but you have piqued my interest.

I’ve been waiting to get my Pitmaker for some time. Other priorities always take my funding.
I live in the land of Traegers. Unfortunately everything I have ever tasted from a Traeger tastes like it was smoked with plywood.
Never got that from a Traeger.

I am looking at Pelate smokers as a second grill/smoker.

Currently, we use a standard smoker that takes logs/wood because I have a limitless supply from our 20-30 pecan trees.

They look nice. We injected ours with Jalapeno butter. I have never tried brinning, but you have piqued my interest.
Brining is really easy and really helps. Wednesday evening I add about 3/4 cup of salt (lots of variations possible but I keep it simple) to a small cooler, add water to dissolve, add thawed turkey, add ice and water and stir to get the salt mixed well. Stick the cooler in the garage to keep it cool overnight. Rinse very well the next morning, and proceed with your favorite turkey recipe.

Brining is really easy and really helps. Wednesday evening I add about 3/4 cup of salt (lots of variations possible but I keep it simple) to a small cooler, add water to dissolve, add thawed turkey, add ice and water and stir to get the salt mixed well. Stick the cooler in the garage to keep it cool overnight. Rinse very well the next morning, and proceed with your favorite turkey recipe.
Will give it a try.

I made a brine twice in the past, both times loosely followed Alton Brown's recipe. (clean food grade 5gal bucket for a container)
Cooked using a rotisserie over propane. Was the best! (yes even better than Gramma used to make!)
Now days, just 2 of us. Has been Golden Corral the last couple years.

Back