Oh Christmas Tree!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
I have not set up my tree for years, but this year I decided to do so. What got me interested in setting up my tree again was the Lionel Train set that I bought at Target last year for $50. I also had new ornaments I bought years ago for clearance and never used. The tree itself I bought years ago for less than $15, also on clearance.

So, anyone else set up their trees yet? Do you put a train under them too? Do you have cats that get into them? :p Show us your train pics.

Tree_Base_View.jpg

2-4-2_Train.jpg

Tree_and_Train.jpg

2sec_Exposure_Tree.jpg

So, anyone else set up their trees yet?
Jeez, it's only the day after Thanksgiving! :shock:

Do you put a train under them too?
I wish.

Do you have cats that get into them? :p
I wish I didn't (sometimes...). :rolleyes:

Show us your train pics.
Someday, someday...

Your tree, by the way, looks really nice. :)

I live within an enormous forest of conifers. I can get one any time I want.

So of course my tree comes from China and spends 11 months of the year stuffed in a box in the basement. :p

MarkII

I have a train set that goes in the tree, about half way up, moves at two different speeds, lights up, sounds its horn and blows smoke from the funnel.
But it's November, the Christmas decorations will not be going up for weeks yet, ususally a week before Christmas.
my problems it's with cats, its small children who know that some of the tree decorations are made of chocolate.

my problems it's with cats, its small children who know that some of the tree decorations are made of chocolate.

Smart kids. :) I had to take all the lights off one year because I had a little one who went around collecting the little light bulbs in his mouth.

Our tree has been downed a number of times, but the cat holds the family record for bringing it down in under 3 minutes of us setting it up.

Ours usually goes up in early December--whichever week my husband is out of town for an annual meeting. :rolleyes:

Mine, The Saturn V actually does fly.

P1010433.jpg

Nice Tree Atlantis!!!

Ours goes up on St Nick's day (Dec 6) it would go up later but we travel for Christmas. We'll see how many times my 17 month old takes it out. Don't have a train yet but I hope to some day. My dad runs his old O gauge Lionel under the tree. I have some awesome photo's of my dad and son playing with it last year.

MAN look at all those Star Trek models! Someone would think you LIKED Star Trek or something! :p

The year Darth Vader went up on our Christmas tree was the year that I decided the kids needed their own downstairs tree.

As someone who raises Christmas trees, I have to protest all these fake trees! :bangpan:

For those of you who do buy a REAL tree, this is where they come from - if it is a Noble Fir there is a very significant chance it came from within a few miles of my house.

The first two photos were taken from the back door of my house, the last one was taken just up the road.

Real trees smell like Christmas, fake ones smell like formaldehyde... :neener:

trees3.jpg

trees2.jpg

trees1.jpg

Some of us just prefer reusable to expendable (bad rocket joke).

Latest posts

Back