Officially Retired

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will LOVE retirement. I was very fortunate to do the same at 55. I'm working on my tenth year and life is gosh darn amazing.
If we have hectic days now, it's because we set things to do that made them so, not someone else.
We do not know one another, but I know that your bestest (my word) years are in front of you. Enjoy sir...

Jim

Turned 62 yesterday, (my JRT turns 4 today, the 26th) so I'm now retired.
I got hamburgers w/o fries for dinner and German Chocolate cake.
No retirement party though...
I'm also 62 and just retired last week. It wasn't by choice though as the company just decided to lay me off and bring in a younger me. With the suddeness of it, I have to figure out my finances and health care, etc. but I'm OK that way. It gives me more time to build and fly - nothing wrong with that. I have some travel plans that will happen as soon as I get things squared away.

I've tried retiring, but my wife says I have to go back to work........... :)
Enjoy and don't annoy your wife or back to work you go. Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work I go. Or something like that.... :)
Norm

Congratulations! Any specific plans or goals for your retirement?

Yep. Travelling to start. A major trip I have wanted to do for years was to drive from the Prairies to St. John's, NFLD and back (roughly 11,000 km). This will complete my Canadian "ocean" travels as I have been to the Pacific and Arctic Oceans. Eventually I want to do Alaska, Florida, Texas, California to do American coastal areas. And of course, I got to travel to Wallops Island and Cape Canaveral in the process. I also want to visit Scotland & England (ancestral locations) and northern France/Belgium to see the battle areas my great grandfather saw in WW1 and continue to document my ancestry. I would like to visit Guangdong province in China but am very leery about the CPC. That door may not be open.
I hope to get my CAR level 1 and 2 completed this year and build up my HP experience before going for level 3 and the Electronics Endorsement next year. Then perhaps get certified as a Rocket Inspector. I've got way too many rockets on the build/paint table that need to be "proven" and so little opportunity to fly. If it tickles my fancy, I might even go down to LDRS.
Somewhere in all that I will move to small town Saskatchewan away from the city and get a Malamute puppy. My condo doesn't presently allow large dogs so I have to move. And as always I will be continuing my front country and back country camp year round. Health wise, I want to loose 20 lbs to ease the load on my worn knees.

Dunno, is that specific enough? :ghosty: :dancingelephant:

I'm poor, not many plans.
As long as I can get vertical every morning I'm good.
Me and the dog spend most of the day together so we don't make MaMa mad!
Couldn't survive if it wasn't for having a good doggie!
I hope there is enough of me left to last as long as her.
We couldn't do without one another.
It would be nice if MaMa felt that way!!!

Back