Official Glue Bottle Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobie1dog

Sea Killer rocket
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There's complaints and frustration over the tips on the wood glue bottles, so there are alternatives and a lot of them are in the plastic bottles that you can get from hair salon or beauty supply suppliers, mostly used for hair coloring . Here is a picture of a typical slant tip bottle and a common eight ounce size that is sold on eBay but there are lots of slanted tip bottles... slant tip allows you to have better ergonomics holding it at a proper angle, especially for fillets and centering rings. . And if you have poor hand strength like me, then these are a more pliable plastic which makes it easier to squeeze the glue out, which gives you better control.
bWUbX1M.png

Last edited:
I like the look of that bottle — is there a cap for it?

I bought a batch of these for use in a group build a few months ago, but I don't recommend them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X3ZDNMP/

71hK6sE78CL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The opening in the tip is too wide, and the flow is hard to control. The screw cap seems to go from off to full-on with nothing between. There's also very little difference between "on" and having the cap come off in your hand. Several of the kids in the group had trouble finding the "on" position, and ended up trying to use them with the cap completely removed (which really doesn't work well).

I find I have better control of titebond wood glue using the normal pint bottle it comes in.

The Glue-Bot looks like a great design. My wife found somebody local that is selling some 8 oz plastic squeeze bottles with a straight tip on them that I guess are used in the restaurant business and they are selling them for $1 each.

The GlüBot bottles do look like a decent design for wood glue. Watch out - that Amazon listing is $2 above mfr list price. The Fastcap page showing all 3 sizes plus accessories is here: https://www.fastcap.com/product/glubot-family. Most of the line is available on Zoro too.
Jeff really needs more money, just ask him. Greediest POS on the planet. Don't bother quoting and replying, just MHO

The Glue-Bot looks like a great design. My wife found somebody local that is selling some 8 oz plastic squeeze bottles with a straight tip on them that I guess are used in the restaurant business and they are selling them for $1 each.
The GlüBot bottles do look like a decent design for wood glue. Watch out - that Amazon listing is $2 above mfr list price. The Fastcap page showing all 3 sizes plus accessories is here: https://www.fastcap.com/product/glubot-family. Most of the line is available on Zoro too.
The maker of the glue-bot is Paul Akers. The 100 page catalog is filled full of really neat shop tools and problem solving gadgets:
https://fastcap.uberflip.com/i/1259351-fastcap-catalog-june-2020/0?

I own/used to own two sizes of GluBot, waste of money IMO, the bottles Titebond comes in are as good or better AND they can be washed out and re-used just like the GluBot. I buy my TBII in gallon jugs and refill my bottles. For group builds (Scouts, Students, etc) I use the cheap Harbor Fright 3-4oz ldpe squeeze bottles and refill as needed with TB product...one is currently sitting on my desk that I use for all things rocketry. For any bottle holding Epoxy components iirc a HDPE bottle is recommended.

FastCap does have some neat other problem solvers though.

The maker of the glue-bot is Paul Akers. The 100 page catalog is filled full of really neat shop tools and problem solving gadgets:
https://fastcap.uberflip.com/i/1259351-fastcap-catalog-june-2020/0?

100% agree. I imagine it would be fun to work in their engineering/development department.

Having said that, you just took a bunch of money out of my wallet, as I am going to order a bunch of Kaizen foam. I was going to do that a few years ago, but shipping was insane. I now see that if you spend $100 its free, so bye-bye money. . . Their long-reach markers are also a good fit for shop/rocketry tasks. I don't mind spending good money on good ideas/products, but I hate it when shipping kills it. Sounds like they had this issue and resolved it!

Sandy.

What are you going to do with the foam? Tool organization?

I wish they had a catalog to send out instead of online only.

What are you going to do with the foam? Tool organization?

I wish they had a catalog to send out instead of online only.

Making special inserts for a data acquisition system that gets shipped around a bit. It is currently in a knock-off Pelican case with bad foam. For what it costs, I'm going to suggest a real Pelican case and purpose built foam shadows.

And the rest of the order will be for my own toolboxes and/or rocket stuff (like altimeters, motor cases etc.). Just finally getting off my butt and doing something I intended to do years ago. . .

Sandy.

Making special inserts for a data acquisition system that gets shipped around a bit. It is currently in a knock-off Pelican case with bad foam. For what it costs, I'm going to suggest a real Pelican case and purpose built foam shadows.

And the rest of the order will be for my own toolboxes and/or rocket stuff (like altimeters, motor cases etc.). Just finally getting off my butt and doing something I intended to do years ago. . .

Sandy.
pictures please

Old school French's yellow mustard bottles. Once you use the mustard, clean the bottle and refill with yellow wood glue. Bottle squeezes well, narrower opening so easier to control output and twist close cap like Elmer's school glue. Bottle is free once you use the mustard.

I buy Elmer's school glue when it's cheap and use those nozzles and trash the school glue, or refill the kids glue bottles from it

They dont dispense fast! So a little patience is in order, but they also put a nice line of glue exactely where you want it.

Tip clogs, grab another!

By the way, when are you guys down in the tri cities going to have a launch? I need to redo my TRA L1 cert.... seems I was away from Rocketry for a bit too long!)

They dont dispense fast! So a little patience is in order, but they also put a nice line of glue exactely where you want it.

Tip clogs, grab another!

By the way, when are you guys down in the tri cities going to have a launch? I need to redo my TRA L1 cert.... seems I was away from Rocketry for a bit too long!)
March 19th is season kick off launch then every month until November (except August because we have SodBlaster IV on Labor Day weekend all 4 days). We will also be having Missle Mayhem on Memorial Day Weekend (just 3 days).

LOL, look what I stumbled across on my bench today:
IMG_1869.jpeg
I have no idea exactly when I purchased these or why, but it was years ago. I loaded one up with TBII and... it's OK. Not as fine and pointy as a small Elmer's glue bottle, but a heck of a lot finer than the standard TB2 tip. Seems like it'll work OK for most use, but we'll see how well the nozzle resists clogging. I could still use something finer.

LOL, look what I stumbled across on my bench today: [...]
Those certainly look like a larger version of the ones I didn't like. Good luck with them. I did some building yesterday using both the small generic and Titebond 8 ounce bottles (same tip as 16oz, IIRC). Even though the tips on the Titlebond are physically larger, the slit opening is actually narrower than the round opening of the generic bottles. I find it much easier to lay a uniform narrow bead with the Titebond bottles. The Titebond bottle tips also fit into corners better and produce fillets that require much less "fixing" with finger/dowel.

I do like the look of the Elmers school glue bottles, and might have to ask my niece to save one for me the next time her kids empty one.

Back