Official AIRFest 19 Info and Updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rails shouldn't be a problem

Having them available or flying this thing off of them. I'm not so sure about the latter.

My booster is in painting, legs are fabbed, payload is as far as I can go without the next box.

Having them available or flying this thing off of them. I'm not so sure about the latter.

My booster is in painting, legs are fabbed, payload is as far as I can go without the next box.

I'm supposed to go back to Tim's this Saturday for a bit more building and to pick up the "other" parts, Going to try and get the Booster painted before then. This will start to get interesting...

Mike Smeltzer

Some of these will be headed your way, soon!

Rails shouldn't be a problem

Oh crap, parts and more parts. That part of the build is going to be "challenging" to say the least.

Mike Smeltzer

Oh crap, parts and more parts. That part of the build is going to be "challenging" to say the least.

Tim was grumbling about how much work it's going to be, as well. I don't think that'll be that difficult.

And if the shape is "wrong" that just means I used Artistic License. :D

-Kevin

Gus, you will remind me when I should be getting nervous, correct?

That i will Bob.....;) Not too worry though. Just a Madcow Massive Frenzy flying on an AMW N4000 that's been sitting in the back of my *propellant igloo* for some time now. "Gus-ti-mates" to about 20K flat based on two other N's that have been flown in it so far. Thought about just sitting at home this year but, the lure of the Rocket Pasture brings out the inner demon in me. While not the most spectacular flight on the boards, its a guaranteed easy up and, simple recovery.

AMW....They don't go bad, like a fine wine they get better with age!:D

....and one more word added to Manny's vocabulary..... :p

-Kevin

Ah yes words.....I've saved a few from his tender ears so far!

The plan is too get home mid-day on Saturday from another 75+ hour week at work and, get about 6 hours of sleep.
Get in the car and, "Flat out Truck" that critter for the next 11 hours or so....until i arrive at the pasture right about opening time on Sunday.

Too be found by Manny nonetheless......

GUS!:eek:
GUS!!:eek:
GUS!!!:eek:

You made it.....:D
:caffeine:"Tired little amigo....long week at work....good too be back in Kansas huh?"

:eek:GUS!!!!, You won't believe what happened YESTERDAY!:eek:
:eek:GUS!!!!!:eek: Bob did.....:D Larry flew his...:D Chuck flew his....:D Wildman and, the rest of the crew flew their......:D Troj flew his.....:D then **** flew his.....:D******** flew his......:D and, someone did that too!:D There was an awesome demo of an......:D Then i got bite by a snake!:D You missed the big barbecue at Wildmans trailer!:D Hey!! Someone wants too meet you too!:D

"Well.....Manny, there's this thing called work...that buys the new car...pays for the house...pays for rockets...supports the long trips.
:confused:......GUS!!!!!!!:D

I hope the motel were going "dutch" on has a locking bathroom.....i might be hiding in it later that evening.

I'm supposed to go back to Tim's this Saturday for a bit more building and to pick up the "other" parts, Going to try and get the Booster painted before then. This will start to get interesting...

"Other parts" are on their way to their destinations. Packaged "Wildman style". :)

If you ask nicely, I'll even explain where all the "other parts" go!

-Kevin

The Payload
Scrambler Payload.jpg
An Ostrich Egg

The Rocket
Scrambler.jpg
An Upscale Scrambler

Check your email. :)

-Kevin

I got my email and printed it out, not sure if Tim will remember to print them. Also forwarded a copy to Byron as he's calling in tomorrow with some more questions on the build. Talked to Tim today, he thinks your package arrived with the parts and is at the PO for pick up. More building tomorrow...

Mike Smeltzer

I got my email and printed it out, not sure if Tim will remember to print them. Also forwarded a copy to Byron as he's calling in tomorrow with some more questions on the build. Talked to Tim today, he thinks your package arrived with the parts and is at the PO for pick up. More building tomorrow...

Cool. If it doesn't make sense, let me know and I can explain more.

I packed it "Wildman Style". :)

John and Byron got something different.

-Kevin

Just a Madcow Massive Frenzy flying on an AMW N4000 that's been sitting in the back of my *propellant igloo* for some time now.

AMW....They don't go bad, like a fine wine they get better with age!:D

Some people have wine cellars. Gus has an "N motor" cellar.:drool:

So what king of update is there on this super secret rocket build in which parts are being shipped around the world in nondescript brown cardboard boxes?????

Nosey people want to know!!

Hey Lance
If you need any stand off material for the launch let me know. I can bring some with.
Looks like you guys have been getting a boat load of rain.
Were you able to have a launch last Sat.
If so any trouble getting in, out and around on the dirt roads.

Sharon and I have just registered for Airfest. So there will be another group from Arizona. We plan to fly an assortment of our fleet, including several Wildman rockets. I finished my 3" Blackstar recently, and it should go up nicely on a J355 Red lightning or J360 Skidmark. Sharon is in build mode right now, she just finished her Wild Child and has the Wild Thang Jr. in progress. We just got the latest Super Jart with a DD upgrade, but not sure she can get it done in time.
Anybody looking for us will find us under a 30 ft. flagpole with a 20 ft. tie dyed windsock flying from it.

Still hoping to get to Airfest but decision might extend right up to 8/11 pre-registration deadline...

I see the registered flyers list has really ballooned in the last week or two.

I'll be there.......... just thought i would give everyone fair warning.

Clifton' s making me a G-4800 for my flying "flagpole of death" should be fun.

Grog and KnO3 will be available for those not faint of heart.

Still hoping to get to Airfest but decision might extend right up to 8/11 pre-registration deadline...

I see the registered flyers list has really ballooned in the last week or two.

Hope you can make it. Might even have a rocket you recognize with me.

Please tell me you don't mix those!
Thanks for the invite to join the party, ever tried Agavero?

Hey Lance
If you need any stand off material for the launch let me know. I can bring some with.
Looks like you guys have been getting a boat load of rain.
Were you able to have a launch last Sat.
If so any trouble getting in, out and around on the dirt roads.
Larry,

We have a bunch of 2X4 & 2X6 leftovers from the shelf project we use for standoffs.

There was a launch last weekend, and a pretty good one, as I understand it. I was in Brazil, so I missed it. They said getting around wasn't a big problem. So far, the heaviest rain area has stayed mostly north of US 54/US 400. The Rocket Pasture has gotten probably 7-8" of rain in the last month. At my place up in Wichita, we have gotten double that.

It is probably OK for AIRFest if stops raining soon. The other good news is that we're in a much cooler temperature pattern than the last few years.

We'll see how this all plays out in the next few weeks.

--Lance.

AIRFest 19 is just 3 short weeks away. A few reminders are in order ...

If you're planning on coming, it is time to submit your registration information. Discounted AIRFest 19 Pre-Registration rates are available until the August 11, 2013 pre-registration deadline. After that date, the Walk-up registration fees apply. That means just $45 vs. $60 flyers fee if you pre-register. T-shirt availability is guaranteed only with pre-registration (we won't be ordering a whole bunch of extras).

Also, the room block at the Best Western Wichita Airport Inn has a great price of $72.99 for a clean, comfortable full-service hotel with hot breakfast, internet, pool, etc. plus accessibility to west Wichita dining, shopping and entertainment. The Best Western is just a few minutes extra drive vs. the small-town motels and is well worth the trip. Call the Best Western directly to reserve your room: 888-942-5666.

Visit the AIRFest 19 web-site for lots of details.

Thanks, --Lance.

I had a meeting at the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch today and confirmed that they they are on board for the launch of the Scrambler!

They will be donating the payload - one fresh organic ostrich egg!

This guy just waned to check out the progress on the rocket!

th.jpg

Check them out at Here

Beginning final prep for a Father/Son/Family weekend at AIRFest. Nothing Wild, nothing Huge, nothing Stratosphere-bound but we will be walking on egg shells (hopefully not Ostrich) until the following (so far) are launched and recovered successfully:

Estes Saturn V - 29mm
Semroc Saturn 1B - 24mm
Aerotech Arreaux "Ben Jamin'"
Aerotech HV Arcas
LOC Precision Shadowhawk
Madcow Super DX3
Estes Chrome Dome "Eric the Read"
Estes Metalizer "Hot Momma"
Ested Executioner "Blue Fire"

This will be the first time as registered flyers, so we are looking forward to setting up Saturday morning under a 10x13 green canopy and meeting the regulars before we have to head out on Sunday afternoon. Please come visit us so we can connect TRF names with faces and enjoy stories (some should be true).

OK, I'll bite. What the heck is a G-4800??

Jim

Or better yet, what is a flying flagpole of death? I think the only place you'll find a G-4800 is at a Kloudbusters event? Biggest G motor you'll ever see if it's what I think it is.

Back