off topic: latest plastic model builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragon_rider10

Reaction score
I know this isn't rocketry related, but i figured I'd share these anyway. These are my latest 1/72 plastic model projects.

f-18
DSC03887.JPG

f-16
DSC03888.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Why aren't they Rocket related....don't they fly? if not Why not. PMC is a perfectly suitable use of such models.... Many of us Fly em for fun....remember if it doesn't fly it's just another dust collector. Ah hahaha.....

Seriously tho.. Both of your models are gorgeously done! Very fine job:)

286a5_MM F104g After decal 4pic Pg_07-20-04.jpg

170_F104-G-StarFighter-PMC_32nd.jpg

469p2-sm_F104g_18thScale Completed hanging leftside_08-26-07.JPG

Last edited:
John I dont suppose youve got the F4 weasel as well as that great looking Hun :) I remember when the falcon and 18 were the low cost alternatives :) Sure turned out to be great birds and those models show it:)
Cheers
fred

Looking good! Hasegawa kits?

N
Yes, both of them. The Viper is from the F-16N Aggressor kit and the -18 is the basic F/A-18A/C. External stores came from the AG weapons asst. Markings are Superscale and someone else.

I just finished a Trumpeter Su-15A as well. Not as crazy about it, as it was my first attempt at natural metal.

John I dont suppose youve got the F4 weasel as well as that great looking Hun :) I remember when the falcon and 18 were the low cost alternatives :) Sure turned out to be great birds and those models show it:)
Cheers
fred

No F-4s yet Fred. Other kits I've built recently are an SH-60 Blackhawk and an F-9 Panther. All Hasegawa. I'm starting a trend toward foreign fighters with my Sukhoi. Next in line may be a Tornado or a Jaguar.

John

I dont know why but the F105 was always a fave with me :) So many hobbies so little time and money :)
Cheers
fred

I dont know why but the F105 was always a fave with me :) So many hobbies so little time and money :)
Cheers
fred

Did you ever see it in USAF Thunderbirds paint? That alone moved it way up my list of cool fighters. :cool:

Did you ever see it in USAF Thunderbirds paint? That alone moved it way up my list of cool fighters. :cool:

No but I read a book called "Thunderchief" a long time ago about their Vietnam deployment. Those pilots were guts plus flying up that ridge day after day in the face of that kind of opposition. I really like the forward swept intakes and the long narrow looking fueselage in camo:)
Cheers
fred

No but I read a book called "Thunderchief" a long time ago about their Vietnam deployment. Those pilots were guts plus flying up that ridge day after day in the face of that kind of opposition. I really like the forward swept intakes and the long narrow looking fueselage in camo:)
Cheers
fred

That coke bottle fuselage looks cool from the over/under shots too.

Unfortunately for the Thud pilots, some idiots made them fly the same flight paths over and over on a regular schedule. If not for the Thud's speed, the casualty rate would have been even worse than it was. People like to bash the Thud because of its high attrition in Vietnam, but imagine if the much slower F-100 had been the one to do that every day. :eyepop:

Very nice work, John. Love the F-18.

It's rocket related to me. I see the sidewinders

Speaking of Sidewinders, I'm working on a rocketry project (https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=9385) that's just begging for some 1/32 scale plastic model Sidewinders to go out on the wingtip rails. All mine are 1/72 scale.

Anybody have a couple they'd be willing to part with?

Thanks,
EV

Back