Off Subject -- Need Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashinj

Reaction score
I'm going to ask this and hope someone can help me, I know its off subject.

I got a new toy!:D A new better digital camera, its a Olympus D-560 Zoom.:D I built a Spool Rocket this morning then took a bunch of pictures and was going to post a couple of them.

I uploaded the software, then downloaded the pictures from the camera to the puter. This came out ok, and I was impressed by the pictures, the 3.2 MP pics are much better than my old 1.2 MP camera.

I was going to send the pictures to my buddy Rocket Trike first but can't figure out where they are stored in the puter. hehe I use Outlook Express for my email. Now when I want to send a picture with my old camera I clicked on Insert, then opened My Pictures and picked the one I wanted to send.

Doing the same thing, I can't find the pictures I just took anywhere cause I can't find the file they are in. hehe YES, I'm very puter stupid I admit it.

If someone has a Olympus D-560 Zoom and wants to help me I'd sure appricitate it. I'd be more than happy to call you on my cell phone and have you talk me thru it. I'm guessing there tech support would be closed today.

Thanks

CrashinJ

You sure you acctually downloaded from the camera? It is possible to just view the contents of the camera without saving it to your hard drive. I'm not familiar with the program you're using but once you have the photo on the screen try going to 'save as' and see if that works.

If you're certain they're saved to your machine try a search for one of the filenames.

HTH

Right now the only thing I know for is I'm CrashinJ,,,at least I think I am, looks like I'm Crashin alright. hehe The camera software that came with the camera is called "Camedia Master 4.1.

At this point, all I know is if I bring the camera software up the pictures are there. Your probably right tho.

Did call there support and as I thought they are closed for the holiday!

Very Lost

CrashinJ

go back and download one of the pics (see what file it trys to put them in)your other pics should be there

or go to my documents(documents) and see if they are listed there

Originally posted by crashinj
The camera software that came with the camera is called "Camedia Master 4.1".
Try looking in your 'Program Files' folder (use 'My Computer') for a folder with a name like "Camedia", fish around in there, and you might find where your camera software stores its album.

If there isn't a folder with a name like "Camedia"; load up Camedia Master, go to the help->about dialogue box, and look for the name of the software company. Try looking for that in your 'Program Files' folder.

Mike made a good sugestion. If you know the filename of the photo, Camedia Master will tell you this, use the Start Menu->Find/Search function to look for that filename.

Originally posted by cydermaster
Try looking in your 'Program Files' folder (use 'My Computer') for a folder with a name like "Camedia"
I've just re-read your 1st post, and noticed that the camera is an Olympus (its late, and I've had three cans of Guinness :rolleyes: ); try looking for a folder name containing 'Olympus' too.

Bring up WINDOWS EXPLORER VIEW

Click on DRIVE C: (Local Disk)
Click on SEARCH in the top buttons (it *may* be buried under a menu button. depends on which version you're running)

In the box labled "Search for files or folders named:" put *.jpg

Near the bottom of the search window you will see SEARCH OPTIONS, check off the one labled DATE

*assuming* you did this today, click off the button labled "in the last 1 days"

It will then show you ALL of the JPG (images) files that have been put on your disk *today*. It should be easy enough to see which ones are the ones from your camera and now you will know what the default directory is for your camera.

jim

Ok I figured it out in a very round about way and it sure is a pain to do it this way. Still calling Tech Support tomorrow but here are the pictures I was trying to send.

End view of Spool rocket

And a side view, very simple to build

Thanks for the help guys!

CrashinJ

Oh yeah, Happy ThanksGiving

Back