Odd'll Pigasus and F-104

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjennings

Reaction score
Have the Pigasus to my son for Christmas and got the F-104 for myself. Both are very nice kits, solid thought out instructions and nice components. Only real improvement would be for the Pigasus' wings. I couldn't get the penny method stable. Likely I need more than the 4 I could find in my house.

Attachments

• IMG_20210111_204858412.jpg
    IMG_20210111_204858412.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 47
The instructions have you use stacks of 2 pennies each to align the wing shaped fins on the Pigasus. I probably needed at least a third stack, but managed to hold it in place until the glue started to set.

The instructions have you use stacks of 2 pennies each to align the wing shaped fins on the Pigasus. I probably needed at least a third stack, but managed to hold it in place until the glue started to set.

Thanks! I'll check the instructions and height of the stacked pennies.
I may have to draw in another penny.
Your builds look great!

Lovely, always liked the F104, very rocket-like 😀 loved a lot of the jet designs from that era - many would've made good spacecraft in Sci-Fi movies!

I think I really just needed more surface area supporting the wing. Maybe add the height of 2 pennies, that would allow for using scrap balsa for shims. Both very good kits. We had some warm days and got primer on them. Can't wait for spring to fly them. The 104 is getting a NASA paint job. Super excited for the F/A-18 to get out of prototype that you had in the blog

Back