Odd'l Rockets Squatty Body Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She would never admit it, but I think she's starting to like rockets. I didn't even get an eye roll when I mentioned us going to the NEFAR launch Saturday in 30 degree weather.

Maybe I'll get her a Micromaxx set for her birthday. :headbang:

Along with a bottle of pink paint?

Actual quote from my wife after this frigid weekend in Bunnell:
"Well now that Hannah {daughter} has built a rocket, I suppose it's time for me to do one"

Unbelievable!!!

Just seen Dragon_rider10's photo entry for EMRR's photo contest.
great photos of two Squatty Body in flight.

https://www.rocketreviews.com/contests/photo_contest21.shtml

Thanks, Gillard! I hadn't seen it live on EMRR yet! My poor Squatty will have to be replaced. I can't get the engine casing out after its dunk in the puddle. The thing is somehow permanently fused to the motor mount tube. Check out my gallery below for exciting shots of Chris and I setting up for the launch.

[By the way, Chris, I did notice that I misspelled your name in the write up. I've asked Nick to correct it.]

Thanks, Gillard! I hadn't seen it live on EMRR yet! My poor Squatty will have to be replaced. I can't get the engine casing out after its dunk in the puddle. The thing is somehow permanently fused to the motor mount tube. Check out my gallery below for exciting shots of Chris and I setting up for the launch.

[By the way, Chris, I did notice that I misspelled your name in the write up. I've asked Nick to correct it.]

Carefully... use needlenose pliers to crush the clay nozzle. Then cut the inside layers of the motor casing with a razor knife and peel/unwind layer by layer until the motor comes out. it'll take some time, but you *will* get the thing out.

Hi John,
Don't worry about the spelling, nobody ever gets it right.

I thought of you and the "puddle incident" this past Saturday. I flew my Semroc Centurion with a B6-4 and it landed in the only puddle in the field.
When I lifted the rocket out of the puddle, water actually poured out of the body tube! The balsa nose cone shoulder swelled up too.

I let it air dry out for two days before brushing out the dried mud on the inside. It's dirty but should fly again.

Carefully... use needlenose pliers to crush the clay nozzle. Then cut the inside layers of the motor casing with a razor knife and peel/unwind layer by layer until the motor comes out. it'll take some time, but you *will* get the thing out.

Thank you, that may just work. I had tried crushing the nozzle with pliers to get a better surface to grip, but I hadn't tried to cut at/unwrap the tube yet.

Back