October 3D design contest winner poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is the winner of the design contest?

• LithosphereRocketry - Apollo Cone

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Dr. Wogz - Nose Cone

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • KC3KNM Sander Jig

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Ben Martin - 3d Fully Printed Rocket:

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Swatkat - [T3 receiver and transmit cases

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • OverTheTop - 4" Nose Cone

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Locksmith - 54mm Pinnacle Nose cone RTX/GPS avbay

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Not a huge deal. I do it as a service to the community and to try to spur creativity. I have printed each item and can say they are fantastic.

Good luck to everyone! All the entries are great and special in their own aspects. No shameless plugs for my entry at the moment :).

Congrats to all- great contest. I will post more tonight.

The winners are:
  1. Ben Martin - 3d Fully Printed Rocket:
  2. Dr. Wogz - Nose Cone
  3. Swatkat - [T3 receiver and transmit cases
There are three prizes. Each of the winners an looks at the list above and give me their ranking of the three prizes (by PM) and I will let them know which on they win. First place gets their first choice. Second place will get the highest rated on left.

The winners are:
  1. Ben Martin - 3d Fully Printed Rocket:
  2. Dr. Wogz - Nose Cone
  3. Swatkat - [T3 receiver and transmit cases
There are three prizes. Each of the winners an looks at the list above and give me their ranking of the three prizes (by PM) and I will let them know which on they win. First place gets their first choice. Second place will get the highest rated on left.
Remind me of the prizes again please? Also, did you mean to put 11 or was it supposed to be 1?

One of my flyers from university of Tennessee has been printing hybrid fuel grains for use with the CNVA. The vortex spins at about 1200 rpm per the simulations so the grain design takes advantage of thatIMG_1527.jpg

In addition have cast Black Smoke fuel and high melting point 195 degrees Wax. Here is the performance difference from a 38 mm G-100 6 inch PVC and a 4 inch Blended grain with a CNVA IMG_1528.jpg

Some cool things are coming the University of Mississippi as well. They are using a 4 injector CNVA on the 75 mm M-2281 and have seen an extended burn time from 2.4 seconds to 3.3 seconds.

Tom

Are contrail motors still for sale?

Contrail Rockets is still manufacturing and selling all 75 certified reloads as well as all hardware.
I bought out my son and partner in May of 2016 the same day I retired from our other business. Tom is running that business. He now owns 100% and I now own and run Contrail Rockets.
Since August 4 2004 Contrail Rockets has continued to fill every order. I am in more than 25 Universities and dozens of foreign countries.
I also custom manufacturer parts for engineering students some of which are being added to my catalog. My existing website contrailrockets.com has not been updated since 2010 but I am building a new website at contrailrockets.net. The CNVA and Injector Baffles which have yet to be TMT certified are on that site as well as much more.

Tom Sanders Owner
Contrail Rockets
928-208-5580

IMG_0790.jpeg

Here is on of the prizes. This shock cord is 1/8 nylon with nomex cord protectors sewn on.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    449.2 KB · Views: 10
Another winner requested 3/8 - 1/2 inch nylon shock cords - He will get two of these sewn with kevlar thread.

IMG_0791.jpeg

Back