Oct 2nd - CMASS Launch - Amesbury

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Been a while since CMASS had a HPR launch :)

I plan to fly my Magnum with a J357, Super Glotova with H128's and F40's, new I-ROC with a H180 and maybe again with an I130.

My friend Sean Lucey from work is coming... he took time off for it :). One of my boss's als plans to come. A new Russian friend from Keene, NH that might come (its a 1.5 hour drive for her to meet up with me... so I would not be surprised if she doesn't come)

Who else is going? What do you plan to fly :)

Oh, I'll probably be there, not sure what I may fly, but I'll be there

Got a 5.5" bird thats itching to be mauled by some "beasts"

If Hobbytown still has them, I plan to buy a couple G64's to go along with the J357 in my Magnum. Total impulse will be 1,240, just under a K.

Joel, which beasts do you think will maul your rocket? :)

Guys... this is Joel's last launch of the Year... the stork is dropping off a baby girl at his doorstop in Nov, so he has more important things to do for the remainder of the year ;).

Well, dont want to go too too crazy ;), Maybe one of each 1050 ( weather permitting )

Originally posted by n3tjm
If Hobbytown still has them, I plan to buy a couple G64's to go along with the J357 in my Magnum. Total impulse will be 1,240, just under a K.

Only if you can demonstrate the maximum altitude is under 3000 feet.

Originally posted by billspad

Heck Bill

My Mega-Nuke will stay under 3K on a K1000 Skidmark ( nudge nudge ) ;)

Originally posted by billspad

The J and two G's will still be in the J power range. Estimated altitude is 2600 ft. Final sim will be once I get it painted, electronics and recovery system reinstalled, and weighed.

The MAGNUM is now glassed, primed, and bondoed. Hopefully I can get it painted early this week :).

Joel... I'd say go for it :). But you'd better ask Bill first :). What a way to finish your flying season. I'd volunteer to check the pad after the flight for any problems :).

Originally posted by jrogers
Well, dont want to go too too crazy ;), Maybe one of each 1050 ( weather permitting )

lets see.... J357, J370, J400, J450, and J480. Then a possible K1000 (nudging Bill). Thats not crazy :)

Maybe I can put together an little AMW skit video for you guys.... :D..

Our NAR competition launch AWFUL is also being flown on October 2.

There will be three events:

1) Spot Landing
2) B Streamer Duration, multi-round
3) C Eggloft Duration

All flyers, of all ages, are welcome to compete in any or
all of the events. Prepare your rockets!

Bob Krech

Back