Oct 18th CMASS Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Once again... its time to talk about the next CMASS launch. The last few CMASS launches have fallen victom to bad weather, so there was no launch, or only small stuff. My Magnum wants to fly, and my Hypertek motors I bought over the summer are itching to be fired... So EVERYBODY here hope for good weather on the 18th!!! :D

Anyway; Who is going? Whacha Flying? :)

I should be there and it looks like Brian and John McCarthy will be able to make it also.

What will I be flying? oh, gee, I don't know... :D

Looks like it's going to be a good day to fly.

Got the store all set and lots of rockets to fly!

Great day of flying! Rather breezy, but otherwise a nice, cool crisp day in the field. hundreds of flights, and a lot of them FlisKits kits :)

I caught several good shots and hope to have them uploaded next week (will be out of town the next few days)

Here is a nice shot of the Apogee Saturn V going up

Here is a nice shot (a little early, but...) of the A.C.M.E. Redstone going up. She provided a *perfect* flight and everyone just fell in love with it! I hope to have the skins uploaded next week for anyone who would like to try *this* variation on this fun kit.

The Richter Recker of John Cronin flying on E9-6's. Picture perfect flight, ejection at apogee and perfect recovery with the two parts coming down within 30 feet of each other. just wonderful! :)

Here is my boiler-plate Shrike. We're hoping to have this out next Spring. I still have some stability work to do on this one. She is **perfectly** straight during boost then does this unusual sashay during the coast phase.

Very interesting, but not something i like to see in a kit... :p

last for tonight, a pair of White-Rhino's in a drag race. These are from John Cronin's students. They haven't finished painting them yet, but wanted to fly them anyway. This launch was on B6-4's. They later launched them on C6-5's

both times, perfect flights, no spin or wobble. They would launch and track right along side each other. It was actually quite amazing to watch :)

Wow! This launch was great! Little to know wind, clear skys, little chilly, but that is what you get for flying in the fall :)

My Highlight flight of the Day was my Magnum... the first flight sucessful flight with Dual Deployment. The J500 and dual G64 motors were started on the ground.. but the G64s (from the same lot) started after the G64's... and judging by the sligh wobble, not evenly either. Moment after apogee, the Magnum Seperated and both pieces cam down... about 400 feet above the ground the parachute majestically deploys. The Altimeter reported 2000 feet.

I also flew my Hybrid Mirage with a H70 hybrid motor. Great flight. Suffered a seperation with minor damage to the payload and ejection damage to the vent tube... easily replaceable.

I was going to fly my EZI on a HyperTEK I205... DeHate setup his hypertek system... but connected the battery on backwards... he saw smoke. No HyperTEK today :-(

I also flew my Blue Ninja with D24-7, Mustang with E28-7T, Arreaux with F21-8W, Cruise Missile with A10-3T, Aries with B4-4, and CCexp with C11-0/C11-7 combo.

I helped two friends get their Level 1 with old Redline motors. My Russian friend Nikita is now officially Level 1 Certified. It took a while to get the H165 to fire... but four igniters later... his Sumo took off for a perfect flight. Craig Whittaker attempted his L1 also on a H165, we got the motor started on the first try... two igniters and piece of Redline propellant.... It took a few seconds but it went :). The Mirage failed to deploy, resulting in a damaged fin. He will be back. I have a H242 with his name on it :)

I did not fly any FlisKits today :(. But I left the launch with a Drake... a gift from Craig :). I guess it pays being a nice guy... Boy-o-Boy :)

I will post pics and videos soon.

Back