-OBITUARY-

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Evil

Reaction score
RIVER CITY (AP) -- Tragedy befell the Monkey household this weekend when on Saturday afternoon, Talkin' Monkey CATO'd while attempting to play "Flight of the Bumblebee," in the not-so-popular video game Sousaphone Hero.

"His cheeks were so puffed out and red, I should have known something was wrong.", states his mother, clearly devastated that she's lost not only her baby boy, but also her lifelong basement tenant.

"There was nothing my Talkie loved more than oompah," said his mother, "Except, perhaps, high power rocketry." The combination, however, of colder weather and a horrific Dremel mishap had led Talkin' Monkey to spending more time with video games and less time with rocket motors, with obviously tragic results.

Scot(t) Evil, a close family friend and executor for Talkin' Monkey's estate, says that the family has no desire to pursue litigation against the video game manufacturer.

"I think it's enough to know that this evil game never caught on in America," he states grimly. (Editor's note: https://www.theonion.com/content/news/activision_reports_sluggish_sales ) "Besides, really, it was his own fault. What was he thinking? A 40 year old man without proper breath control training should never have been trying to play Expert Level in Sousaphone Hero. He was a smart'ish kinda guy. He should have known better."

Seventy six trombones will be played in honor of his memory Thursday at 4pm, with a hundred and ten cornets close at hand.

In lieu of flowers, Scot(t) Evil is requesting on behalf of the family that donations be made to the River City Rehabilitation Center for Low Brass Injuries.

monkey_tombstone.jpg

Folks,

I feel some explanation is due for the above post to clarify my actual intentions here.

The recently retired "Talkin' Monkey" handle was registered here and elsewhere at the very beginning of my re-born interest in rocketry. Since then, for assorted reasons of my own, I've regretted the handle more and more as time progressed. In fact, T. Monkey was due to be "Retired" a few months ago but I was not successful in my attempt.

Instead of clandestinely fading to black and reappearing unto the forums under a new user ID, I asked my wife (the better writer and smarter of the two of us) to come up with a good story as to how T.Monkey should be uh...hmmm...retired in a humorous fashion without offending anyone. I think she did a great job on the story.

I applied the same Avatar and Signature to my new User ID right away so it would be apparent that I was not trying to sneak in the back door as some have done in the past to cause trouble.

Apologies for my unorthodox approach, sense of humor and any unnesassary head scratching. Hopefully Santa will cross me off the naughty list sometime soon.

In a nutshell, same guy, same passion for rocketry, just a different user ID.

Sincerly,

Scott Broderick

I think I would have to explain that one to my kids.

Your wife may indeed have a weird sense of humor, but I like it.

Guess I'll have to trade in my copy of "So You Think You Can Zither" so I can buy a Sousaphone game
(couldn't find a system that would play it anyway)

Welcome back, whoever you are!

:roll:At first I though ooh no... But then I got it..... :roll:

The evil screen name is dead. Long live Scott Evil! :wave:

MarkII

Back