o1d_dude?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh mann..
I'm sorry Kit had a rocky road there for a bit,
but this sounds a lot better then it could have..

More prayers for Kit..

If you all want to get him something he'd like to keep his hands busy while he's home you let me know..

Teddy

I hope he is able to log in here some time soon and see how many people were concerned for him.

I am glad you talked to his wife. It sure sounds like he had a rough time, but at least he is alive and kicking. We're all rooting for him. Rehab is tough, but Kit sounds like a tough guy.
Anybody that tosses a caber is pretty tough in my view. Hope he is back soon.

I've mostly checked out of here lately, too, but I saw this now and will certainly add our family's prayers! Get better soon, o1d_dude!

Thanks for the update. That’s really concerning news, but hopefully therapy and rehab do the trick and we see him at a launch again. I’m glad to hear his wife is ok and the family has pulled together.

Good to hear! Thanks for the update.

Thoughts, prayers, and good vibes heading towards him and his family.

I spoke with Kit’s spouse again today and she related that, although it is going to be a long process, it looks like Kit is going to be alright. She said that they are both just taking it one day at a time. At this point, she told me that she is still doing fine and doesn’t need anything; but, thoughts and prayers don't take much time or effort.

I've been thinking about what could be done for Kit in light of the current social circumstances, and had a thought that I wanted to put out there, assuming that Kip's spouse will allow it at some time in the future. If the facility has Wi-Fi for their patients, there are electronic picture frames to which pictures can be remotely uploaded. I was wondering whether a frame on the larger side of that kind would be beneficial to his recovery, or otherwise. Even if there is no Wi-Fi available, the frame could be pre-loaded with pictures beforehand.

I had a good conversation with Kit’s spouse earlier today, and things are gradually improving for him. One of the best things that happened recently is that the COVID-19 restrictions were lifted at the facility where he is being treated, so she can now regularly visit personally with Kit, as can his children. She said she is also able to bring Kit his rocket magazines as they arrive, and that reading them lifts his spirits. It is still going to be a long recovery, but at least it will be less solitary for Kit now.

She told me that she, Kit, and the family are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances, and that nothing is needed at this time; she will let me know if there is anything that can be done for them. Thoughts and prayers as always.

I don't know him very much but he sounds like a very important person 🎩, so just to be on the safe side, I wish him well too!

Understanding that nothing is needed, and not presuming to "prescribe", I wonder if a tablet or small laptop would let him feel more connected, to his forum buddies and others, and if that might lift his spirits.

At some point, that may be a good option. But, at the moment, Kit is being moved between different sections of the facility as his condition improves, and his spouse is concerned that things of value may inadvertently be left behind during room changes. I will let everyone know when she feels that a gift would be appropriate/helpful. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Last edited:
A caber likely wouldn't be left behind... Good night, when I looked up what that was, ol' Kit could probably have turned me every way but loose!

I hope the very best for him!

Any updates recently on o1d_dude/Kit??? Hoping for a better '22 for him.......

I haven’t seen him at a launch. Unfortunately, one of the clubs I would see him at has lost its field, and the other club has had very few launches in 2022 and 2023 due to weather, so there haven’t been many opportunities when I would have seen him. But still, he hasn’t been at the launches I’ve attended.

Last edited:
Back