o1d_dude?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing from him yet?

I hope for the best, but I'm concerned.

One of my buddies has left multiple voicemails with no response, and multiple people I know have sent emails with no reply. So it is definitely concerning. I do not personally know anyone who lives close enough to his home to do a physical visit, but one of my friends has asked a club member if he would do it. I haven’t heard anything more about the status of that.

Just throwing this out there, if you know his address then the police will often do a wellness check for you.

Yeah, I thought about that. He is married, and I’m pretty sure he has an adult son who lives not exactly close, but within a couple hours drive. So it’s not the kind of situation you might have if someone lives alone, and you can’t reach them. Then you should definitely have someone check on them immediately in case they need help. I feel like this is more about finding out what is going on, not sending in the cavalry. I think if our club member does go by, and no one answers the door, then maybe that would be the next step. For now, I think we are hoping someone answers the door and can tell us why he isn’t answering the phone or responding to emails or texts.

If it's been awhile and you know his name and city, you could search the obits. Most newspapers still publish them.

Can also check the county sheriff websites for arrest notices.

Only time I ever saw someone go incommunicado so abruptly turned out they were in jail.

Yeah, I thought about that. He is married, and I’m pretty sure he has an adult son who lives not exactly close, but within a couple hours drive. So it’s not the kind of situation you might have if someone lives alone, and you can’t reach them. Then you should definitely have someone check on them immediately in case they need help. I feel like this is more about finding out what is going on, not sending in the cavalry. I think if our club member does go by, and no one answers the door, then maybe that would be the next step. For now, I think we are hoping someone answers the door and can tell us why he isn’t answering the phone or responding to emails or texts.

Good enough of a call. I did not know his family situation, I just like his posts and have a soft spot for cranky kong. I hope you guys who know him well are able to make contact shortly.

Can somebody PM me his full name, if they know it? Would like to try a few search angles that I've used in the past.

I have turned up his full name and mailing address, but won't be posting it up here for respect of his privacy. If anybody here is close to Sacramento though I can PM the info to you.

Obituaries coming up blank so far, as are court records.

I did have a thought regarding the phone thing. A few months ago Verizon or Apple updated how my phone works, and numbers that are not in my contacts or previous call history now all automatically get kicked to voicemail. I wonder if that's the case of what's happening here. Anybody tried leaving a voicemail or sending a text message?

I spoke with Kit’s wife and she related that about two months ago Kit had a stroke and was hospitalized. Unfortunately, shortly after that Kit contracted COVID-19, and that illness exacerbated the effects of the stroke. Although Kit is on the mend, He is now in a rehabilitation facility and will continue to be for about two more months.

At this time, Kit’s wife is surrounding herself with their children and family, and she says that she does not need anything right now. She gave me permission to check back with her every couple of weeks and said she would call me if anything changed. She also related that Kit is looking forward to again being able to participate in rocketry when he is well.

Keep Kit in your thoughts and prayers, but his wife asked that nothing be sent to them at this time.

Oh no! Glad he pulled through and is on the mend, but dang that was a close one (two). Thanks for checking in, and relaying the update.

Thanks for the Information.
Sounds like he's had a tough time, but it's good to hear the "On the mend" part.
It's not great, but better than it could have been.

I am glad you talked to his wife. It sure sounds like he had a rough time, but at least he is alive and kicking. We're all rooting for him. Rehab is tough, but Kit sounds like a tough guy.

Is there a way to nominate Craig for a forum equivalent of "Employee of the Month" for doing the tough job and making contact?

Going by what Craig said, I think we should respect their wishes and let him recuperate and heal as a family. When he does come back to the rocketry world, maybe we can work with the LUNAR guys to get him a 'welcome back' gift and help out with any needs they may have.

Sucks to hear he had such a setback, glad to hear he's slowly mending. Looking forward to having him back to the forum. I just hope I didn't creep him out too much tracking him down.

-Hans

Is there any way for us to send him get well cards or anything?

His wife ask that nothing be sent at this time. But, she said that when Kit gets home, it would probably be okay at that point. I will try to post updates every two weeks or so.

She expressed her gratitude for everyone's concern.

Sorry to hear he's been having such a rough time... Praying for a complete and speedy recovery.

His wife ask that nothing be sent at this time. But, she said that when Kit gets home, it would probably be okay at that point. I will try to post updates every two weeks or so.

She expressed her gratitude for everyone's concern.
Thanks.

Back