o1d_dude?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
He hasn't posted since November, and didn't respond to a "wellness check" PM. Anyone who knows him in real life, or on another electronic platform, know if he is ok? Not trying to pry into his business, just trying to check on his well being.

I think he's a member on yorf... anyone there seen him?

I typed with him a couple of months ago..
I sure hope he's ok.
Ima send him an email.

Teddy

2020 has been hard on us O.G.'s. I hope he's okay. I sincerely wish everyone here a better year and being safe and healthy so we can all fly again together.

Didn't you also fly with Kit at the Snow Ranch Fritzy ??
There's another gentleman who flew with him there,
I can't remember his name for the life of me..
A long time ago I was having email conversations with both of them.
Each didn't know I was speaking to the other.
I told each what a super nice man the other was.
I asked each- the next time you see the other give him a good hearty handshake for me..

It was really funny,, lol..

Shame on me,,
what is his name ??

Teddy

Teddy, I have flown with him at Snow Ranch, but I think you are thinking of Captain Low & Slow (qquake2k). I PM’d both Kit and qquake2k, Kit hasn’t replied but qquake2k did and he said that they rarely communicate outside of when they were at the Snow Ranch launches.

Last edited:
Teddy, I have flown with him at Snow Ranch, but I think you are thinking of Captain Low & Slow (qquake2k). I PM’d both Kit and qquake2k, Kit hasn’t replied but qquake2k did and he said that they rarely communicate outside of when they were at the Snow Ranch launches.

Hank,
I'm so confused now I don't know who the heck I was thinking of,, lol..
I sure do hope Kit is Ok though..
I don't think this is much like him..

Teddy

He is easy to find on a few social media sites with the same handle as here. Unfortunately he hasn't seemed to have posted anything since November

Hank,
I'm so confused now I don't know who the heck I was thinking of,, lol..
I sure do hope Kit is Ok though..
I don't think this is much like him..

Teddy

I’m sure it was Captain Low & Slow, but then it could have been Thirsty. I didn’t know he attended LUNAR launches. With my luck, I’ll trip over him the next time the club launches, whenever that will be.

Guys, yes I know Kit AKA Cranky Kong AKA O1d_dude from LUNAR launches, but I am not in contact with him outside of that except through Facebook. I don't have a phone number or address. I'm not sure what his status is, but I will check with some other LUNAR members and see if they know anything.

Captain Low & Slow AKA qquake2k AKA Jim Turner -- Turner on Facebook, but his last name isn't really Turner. LOL. These guys have so many aliases! -- anyway, he has been actively posting on Facebook and seems to be healthy. He turns pens on a lathe and posts a new pen picture every couple of days.

I hope Kit is well, and will see if anyone has heard anything.

I contacted some of my rocket buddies, and one had a phone number and email. He called the number, and it went straight to voicemail, the way it does when your phone is not turned on. And he also sent an email. This was only a few minutes ago, so you would not expect a reply yet. The phone call is not reassuring.

Thanks Thirsty. Hopefully everything is well,and he is just on a digital detox.

Thanks Thirsty. Hopefully everything is well,and he is just on a digital detox.

Let’s hope so. There’s not a lot going on in rocketry right now, so he might be tuned out. And I think he was getting irritated with Facebook, so maybe he’s boycotting. His last FB post was the day before the election. Could be he took some time out.

The more concerning things are not responding to emails and calls going to voicemail. One of my friends is a member of the SARG club where Kit is also active, so he sent a message to their board to ask if there is any news.

Thank you for lookin out Eric..
More prayers for Kit..

Teddy

Back