NYPOWER 13: Registration Open!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingarcher

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
NYPOWER 13​
July 25,26,27 2008
Geneseo NY
"Do you feel lucky? Well? Do ya?​

Who: You, of course!

What: A three day NAR rules HPR/MPR/LPR launch. A 9k AGL waiver, 1000ft higher than last year! Micromaxx through N welcome. 30+ pads. Last year saw over 750 flights! Organized by the Monroe Astronautical Rocket Society with help from our friends in the Buffalo Rocket Society. Hangar 11 will be the official HPR motor dealer.

Where: Sunny Geneseo, NY. Same site as LDRS 23, NSL '97 & '00, NARAMs 37 & 43. The Geneseo field is dead flat mowed grass with no trees-- The ideal rocket launch site.

When: July 25,26,27 2008!

Why: :rolleyes:

How: Go to www.nypower2008.com and pre-register on-line. Read the lodging information, get a hotel room (discounts available in the Geneseo Quality Inn). Submit your BFR projects on the forums at marsclub.org/mars_forum/
Pack your car, bring your appetite, (Angus Burgers at the HAG hut!) your luck, and FLY ROCKETS!

It has been 3 years since my last trip to NYPOWER but this year I can finally make it again!

It is the perfect venue for a launch. Great field, great weather, great folks to fly with and a beautiful area to do some day trips. My wife comes with me and we always have a good time. The 7-1/2 hour ride is well worth it.

MARS and BRS are good folks and I can't wait to be there this year.

Now I know that the HAG burgers are famous but what about those delicious white hots? I first had them at NARAM 43 and became an instant fan. Can we get some of those bad boys on the grill?

Bringing the bigger dogs to fly this time. Upscale LOC Starfighter, 5.38" diameter, 89" long, boosting on a K550 then airstarting 4 H148 redlines; 4" diameter INTIMIDATOR with a K695R and a 4" SandHawk on a 54mm J415....whoo hoooo!

It has been 3 years since my last trip to NYPOWER but this year I can finally make it again!

It is the perfect venue for a launch. Great field, great weather, great folks to fly with and a beautiful area to do some day trips. My wife comes with me and we always have a good time. The 7-1/2 hour ride is well worth it.

MARS and BRS are good folks and I can't wait to be there this year.

Now I know that the HAG burgers are famous but what about those delicious white hots? I first had them at NARAM 43 and became an instant fan. Can we get some of those bad boys on the grill?

Bringing the bigger dogs to fly this time. Upscale LOC Starfighter, 5.38" diameter, 89" long, boosting on a K550 then airstarting 4 H148 redlines; 4" diameter INTIMIDATOR with a K695R and a 4" SandHawk on a 54mm J415....whoo hoooo!

Yes and some of us remember you. We'll have white hots on the grill if you treat us with a shift of LCO Announcer duty.

I'm all a registered and I even bought the shirt

Don't have any idea what it looks like, but I bought it anyways.

Oh yeah, so what's the secret prize for early registration?

Gotta Fatboy? NYPOWER 13 is going to be packed with Fatboys. Upscale Fatboys! (I'm talking about rockets...) :D

As it stands now, there are close to a dozen 7.5" Fatboys (3x upscale) ready or under construction... for the K Fatboy drag race. You can't miss that!

Read about it: https://marsclub.org/mars_forum/viewforum.php?f=34&sid=f27c2b770188ec98f1f31941039c2b5d

Bring your 1x scale Fatboy- stock 18mm, or modified for the AT 54/426 motor and anything in between. Fly 'em solo, or drag race!

I think I set the record for most "fatboy" in one post. :)

N

Hangar 11 is accepting preorders for NYPOWER 13.
Please order Early, Aerotech lead time is currently 3-4 weeks.

Glueless HPR rocket kits are in stock... 5 models to choose from.
These 38mm HPR kits assemble in minutes...
No motor mount tube, rail buttons and motor retention included....

6" Dia X-15 In stock.... The best looking 6" kit on the market....

Check back soon for more NYPOWER specials.....

July in Geneseo... NYPOWER... the 13th NYPOWER. We're not superstitious, are you? What could possibly go wrong!?

Here's a look at the "graphic-under-development" for the T-shirt.

Brought to you by the same minds that thought up secret pre-registration prizes. Speaking of which, almost half of those prizes have been claimed! Go pre-register at www.nypower2008.com!

Nat

concept_1_front.jpg

The prizes for the first 50 pre-registrants for NYPOWER are quickly going.

Pre-registration for NYPOWER is refundable. If you cancel, you get your money back. So pre-register and save and win a prize while they last.

This is going to be a great NYPOWER. Check out the NYPOWER forum for the fun that is taking shape.

Greetings!

The Geneseo Quality Inn has rooms reserved for NYPOWER attendees at a discounted rate. They are only available until June 25th! So if you're already coming and are procrastinating.... get to it!

Need details on other places to stay in the area? marsclub.org/nypower2008/html/lodging.html

Coming to NYPOWER and need motors? Order early at www.hangar11.com

Need to come to NYPOWER? www.nypower2008.com!

Nat

OK, I probably missed it, but is camping in a self contained trailer allowed on site?

I'm looking forward to the trip, and would love to save some bucks on the campground fees. I can buy more blackpowder!

Self contained campers are ok. $25 fee for the weekend- keep in mind, no power and no water and no... uh... clean-out... available on site.

Nat

Back