Number of Certificates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmazanec1

Reaction score
How many rocketeers are certified at the three levels?
Are there hundreds of Class 3s? Thousands?

I have seen an uptick in cert flights, at Rocstock 50 25 years of ROC, we had 30 level 1, 4 level 2 and 5 level 3 successful cert flights.

From last NAR news letter (10/28/19). I would guess Tripoli might be close or a little bit lower.
HPR Members:
Jr L1 - 144
L1 - 1655
L2 - 1402
L3 - 601

On Tripoli's website, they post the level of each member in a spreadsheet. It looks like these are for member with current memberships. A little summing in Excel...

L0: 936
L1: 931
L2: 1148
L3: 1098

On Tripoli's website, they post the level of each member in a spreadsheet. It looks like these are for member with current memberships. A little summing in Excel...

L0: 936
L1: 931
L2: 1148
L3: 1098

We also have M and M1 levels.
As others have said, an L0 is just someone who hasn’t certified yet.
M is someone who passed the TMP exam but hasn’t flown the flight yet.
M1 is a TMP member who took the test and flew the flight successfully. Same as Jr. L1 for NAR.

We also have M and M1 levels.
As others have said, an L0 is just someone who hasn’t certified yet.
M is someone who passed the TMP exam but hasn’t flown the flight yet.
M1 is a TMP member who took the test and flew the flight successfully. Same as Jr. L1 for NAR.

How far back do records go Steve? I want to know the TRA number I originally started flying on, just for nostalgia's sake - I want to say it was 1970-something. It was 1994 before the TMP program and my friend and I convinced his dad to join so we could fly HPR at 14.

How far back do records go Steve? I want to know the TRA number I originally started flying on, just for nostalgia's sake - I want to say it was 1970-something. It was 1994 before the TMP program and my friend and I convinced his dad to join so we could fly HPR at 14.

They go back mostly to the beginning. I believe that there was a time when some got reissued but for decades now they have not been. I’ll look yours up.

What is your dad’s name and what city?

Back