nukemmcssret

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukemmcssret

Reaction score
I was wondering about two stage rockets. I am building an Arcon-Hi from Semroc Astronautics Corp. And the booster to sustainer fit is real tight. I do not think it wil release correctly during launch. What is a good rule of thimb? Should the fit be snug and come out with a slight thrust or what? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Nukemmcssret

Last edited:
It should be snug but the couplers should slide apart smoothly. Its easy to sand the outer edge of the coupler to get it to seat smoothly without becoming wobbly.

It should be snug but the couplers should slide apart smoothly. Its easy to sand the outer edge of the coupler to get it to seat smoothly without becoming wobbly.

Agreed. One more thing though. If you paint the booster and sustainer seperate, put some tape around the inside bottom of the sustainer tube. Otherwise paint will build up and mess up the coupler's fit, and the Arcon's small diameter would make it a pain to sand.

Thanks for the information and advice. I will let you know how the first launch goes.

You dont have to give forum topics the same title as your username. When people see the topic listed they want to know what they are going to be reading before they waste their time if its something they are not interested in or cannot answer.

You dont have to give forum topics the same title as your username. When people see the topic listed they want to know what they are going to be reading before they waste their time if its something they are not interested in or cannot answer.
This advice might have been better offerred in a PM and you can call your thread whatever you wish within the realm of good taste.
Cheers
fred

This advice might have been better offerred in a PM and you can call your thread whatever you wish within the realm of good taste.
Cheers
fred

Not really, I wanted other people to learn the internet as well.

I was wondering about two stage rockets. I am building an Arcon-Hi from Semroc Astronautics Corp. And the booster to sustainer fit is real tight. I do not think it wil release correctly during launch. What is a good rule of thimb? Should the fit be snug and come out with a slight thrust or what? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Nukemmcssret

Sir, would you like me to edit the title to read something else? Just let me know what you'd like it to be.

Many times the tightness is caused by the ends of the body tubes being rolled inward slightly from cutting or handling...

N

Last edited:
Back