Nsl

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FlisKits will be there! We'll be announcing a new kit and have a full range store as well as donations to raffles and other special goodies to make the weekend a whole lotta fun!

So, come on down and visit with us :)

I would love to, especially since it's only about a four or five hour drive for me. Unfortunately, I am committed to be elsewhere that weekend. Rats! I hope you guys take lots of pictures

I had planned to be there, but too much is going on this year...so I don't think I am going to make it.

Carl

Well Jim you have to admit it's a long drive to Hearne from New England. But, don't worry, Don and I won't let you too lonely. As a matter of fact we're trying to get a group together for tex-mex on Saturday night. You should come with.

Terri

Sounds like a winner! :)

You'll recognize me, i'll be the haggard one trying to hawk rockets all over the place... ...oh, wait, that'll be all of us, won't it??? :D :D

Should be a good weekend (weather permitting). I hope to get a lot of flying in!

Then again, that big FlisKits banner over your head will probably be a dead give away as well.

Terri

what *I* need to do is to come up with a hat with a large foam rubber Deuce's Wild! on it... LOL

Originally posted by jflis
what *I* need to do is to come up with a hat with a large foam rubber Deuce's Wild! on it... LOL

You KNOW someone would just try to launch it :D

Perhaps, with no travel plans in June, it should come to Vermont.

Thoughts?

Nick

I would like to go. it's about a 2.5 hour drive for me. A few questions, what's it like? Just a bunch of people launching rockets? I just have a few Estes kits, could I just bring those out there and launch them or what?

Yep, that's just what it is. It is the "National Sport Launch"

Frankly, it's an excuse to go out and fly rockets for 2 1/2 days in the national spotlight :)

Great fun and you'll see everything from MMX motors all the way up to high power (i don't know what the AGL waiver is)

i had a BALL last year and can't wait for this years fun.

jim

It looks like I may be there. The wife would like to do a "mini vacation" for Memorial Day weekend and she actually thought the NSL would be a fun weekend.

So....we're making plans to attend. The kids are excited. (How many rockets can I fit in our Honda Pilot?....along with the kids of course...and luggage....and the wife....)

I've never been to a national rocketry event. Do I need to be a NAR member to register and attend?

Can't wait.

John

Originally posted by OKTurbo
It looks like I may be there. The wife would like to do a "mini vacation" for Memorial Day weekend and she actually thought the NSL would be a fun weekend.

So....we're making plans to attend. The kids are excited. (How many rockets can I fit in our Honda Pilot?....along with the kids of course...and luggage....and the wife....)

I've never been to a national rocketry event. Do I need to be a NAR member to register and attend?

Can't wait.

John

No, you don't need to be a NAR member to my knowlege.

As for how many rockets... ...ask folks like Carl and Nick and they'll be able to tell you how many Honda Pilots you can fit in a rocket... :p :p

I *just about* have my wife talked into letting me (us) make a weekend of it.

Would it be prudent to pack a folding table and a shade tent or something like that? I've never even been to a club launch....

Originally posted by Fore Check

Would it be prudent to pack a folding table and a shade tent or something like that? I've never even been to a club launch....

Heck yeah it would.

Hey Don,

Do you know if they'll have food/concessions or do we need to bring our own food/drinks?

Plus...are we going to try and have a TRF get together at this one?

John

I know the Austin club often has a concession stand at their launches. I don't know exactly what they have in mind for the NSL. I would go th their discussion group and ask them directly.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/rocketry-austin/

A TRF get together would be great. By my count, there are at least 4 TRFers planning to attend.

Hmmmmmm...

I think I need to have Jim sign my Deuce's Helix and Deuce's Goblins.....

....or would signing the Goblins be sacreligious somehow? :p

Well, if the Estes' show up, we can *both* sign them :)

Hey Don, at this rate, if we have a TRF gathering, it may also qualify as a Vendor forum... LOL

kewl :)

Jim,

I like the avator BTW. It's been a few years, but I've seen the restored sculpture in the Cowboy Hall of Fame in OKC.

John

Originally posted by OKTurbo
Jim,

I like the avator BTW. It's been a few years, but I've seen the restored sculpture in the Cowboy Hall of Fame in OKC.

John

Thank you. I like it. I get concerned sometimes, in this PC society that we live in, that it would/could offend. It's spooky being in a position where you have to tred carefully not to offend... ick LOL

Well...the Oak Tree Inn is already full. I made reservations at the Executive Inn.

The plan is coming together.

Now I need to fill out the NSL Registration Form, send in some $$ and we should be set.

John

Cool! But if you're bringing that GN of yours, I would keep an eye on it if I were you. I've been wanting one of those since they were introduced. ;)

Sorry Don,

The GN won't be making the trip. Not that it can't, it's just that there's not much "rocket room". Plus right now it's set up for 110 octane race fuel and that stuff is like liquid gold. Smells good though.

There's a group of Turbo Buick guys in the Houston area that have some SERIOUS street cars. They drive up here every year in the fall for the Oklahoma Buick club's Ford vs. Buick Shootout every year. We're talking about street driven 10 second quarter mile cars with full interiors and air conditioning (that works). Lawrence Conley usually shows up with some 7 second Buicks. These are 6 cylinder that make close to 1000 hp....slightly modified ;)

We'll be in the wife's silver Honda Pilot with a load of kid's.

I've got to get busy building some rockets. I want to have the Maxi-Brute der Red Max ready to fly and I haven't even cut the first piece of balsa. We're working on little sister's Big Betty tonight. The Outlander is ready for paint.

John

Back