NSL East Announced

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... so according to the webiste, an 18,000 ft waiver (-1 ft...) and P motor capability, and six square miles of recovery area... if it were a circle, that'd be a 7300' radius on the ground. Sigh... maybe some day...

Wow... so according to the webiste, an 18,000 ft waiver (-1 ft...) and P motor capability, and six square miles of recovery area... if it were a circle, that'd be a 7300' radius on the ground. Sigh... maybe some day...

It's really not that from PGH.... get out there and have some fun!

East... Western Indiana, basically due south of Chicago... Yeah, I'll be sticking with Red Glare and URRF. If the waiver was higher than URRG already has, I'd think about it, but I can't justify driving 10+ hours basically due west for the same waiver altitudes we've already got on the actual east coast. Would be nice to have a national event other than TARC finals on the east coast again - the only thing we've had since I graduated high school was NSL in South Carolina last year...

East... Western Indiana, basically due south of Chicago... Yeah, I'll be sticking with Red Glare and URRF. If the waiver was higher than URRG already has, I'd think about it, but I can't justify driving 10+ hours basically due west for the same waiver altitudes we've already got on the actual east coast. Would be nice to have a national event other than TARC finals on the east coast again - the only thing we've had since I graduated high school was NSL in South Carolina last year...
It's a start. I suspect it was a major effort finding a club willing to host the launch. I am tentatively planning on attending. The drawbacks for me is it's only two weeks before GRITS. I am also a bit concerned about the weather. I did two tours at Wright-Patterson AFB, so I know how cold it can be in November.

It's a start. I suspect it was a major effort finding a club willing to host the launch. I am tentatively planning on attending. The drawbacks for me is it's only two weeks before GRITS. I am also a bit concerned about the weather. I did two tours at Wright-Patterson AFB, so I know how cold it can be in November.
I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of hosting any of the major launches at URRG for a really long time. It's a great field to fly at, especially in the late summer.

November is a piece of cake. We fly all winter in the Midwest - Dec, Jan, Feb...

November is really nice temperature wise. You'll get midday temps of upwards of 70-75, but start and end the morning around 30. :)

Great field and club! They held Thunderstruck there earlier this year and I thought it was well run. Also have excellent land owners! I plan to go!

It’s a long drive but if the weather cooperates I’m going - it’s the lovely bride’s mahjong game weekend with her sisters and friends and she’s hosting. Not that I mind the ladies visiting - we seem to have 200% more goodies around when they’re here 😏

Does the NSL crew have an idea of when staffing requests will be announced? I'm trying to think about my trip and how to spread out my fun over the duration of the launch.

Mike

Does the NSL crew have an idea of when staffing requests will be announced? I'm trying to think about my trip and how to spread out my fun over the duration of the launch.

Mike
Hey Mike,

Just a note that a SignupGenius page has been created for the event...there's a link to it on the Facebook page. Looks like it will be a split range setup, with left and right sides to expedite the flight experience!

It’s a long drive but if the weather cooperates I’m going - it’s the lovely bride’s mahjong game weekend with her sisters and friends and she’s hosting. Not that I mind the ladies visiting - we seem to have 200% more goodies around when they’re here 😏

If anyone is looking for a room near the site I’ll be canceling my reservation at the Attica Inn - I have an, unfortunately, higher priority obligation Saturday evening so no NSL-East this year for me.

Hey Mike,

Just a note that a SignupGenius page has been created for the event...there's a link to it on the Facebook page. Looks like it will be a split range setup, with left and right sides to expedite the flight experience!

I cannot find said signup genius page. Which FB page references this link? Indiana Rocketry shows nothing...

Looking forward to this one... the Tripoli Indiana folks are a great group to fly with.

Will the blue tower be available please?

Also looking forward to it!

Not far from the old Danville launch site, but this site is WAY better!

Back