NSL Commemorative Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Squirrel Works is pleased to announce that we are one of three vendors selected to produce commemorative kits for the 2004 National Sports Launch.

Our design and package art have now been approved by the NSL committee and kits should be ready for release in about two weeks. We will post photos at the time of release.

As with all our kits, this kit will feature laser cut fins, a balsa nose cone and water slide decals.

Look for more information within two weeks.

Unlike our standard issue kits, this one will be numbered and limited to a run of 100 kits. I'll tell Don to put back a really low number for you.

Terri

ps: any chance of you making the launch?

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
Unlike our standard issue kits, this one will be numbered and limited to a run of 100 kits. I'll tell Don to put back a really low number for you.

Terri

ps: any chance of you making the launch?

If I go, it won't be as a vendor. At least no this year. It really depends as to whether or not it's in the budget ;).

Art Applewhite Rockets is producing Official NSL 2004 kits also.

There are 18mm versions of the Qubit, Stealth, Scimitar and 18mm and 24mm versions of the Delta flying saucers. These kits will be available by mail order from the Art Applewhite Rockets website until May 31, 2004. They will also be available on site at the Art Applewhite Rocket booth at NSL 2004 . The price is the same as for the regular kits.

allside.jpg

In addition to these kits. There will be a 13mm version of the Qubit kit in each NSL 2004 registration pack.

Originally posted by rocket877
There will be a 13mm version of the Qubit kit in each NSL 2004 registration pack.

Very cool idea.

I need to get at least 1 set.

We're releasing The Spirit of Texas at the AARG launch on Saturday, that is if the rain holds off. Othrewise, the kit will be available on our website sometime this weekend.

ATTENTION ALL VENDORS!

STOP releasing new kits all the time! Not just new kits, but new and EXCITING kits!

Why?

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY OR TIME TO BUY AND BUILD THEM ALL!!!

Please? I think I'm gonna cry....they're all so beautiful...

:D :D :D :rolleyes: :kill:

Jason

When I saw your Space Ranger kit and thought it would make a good NSL kit. It has the same retro look of the NSL 2004 poster.

We will have to swap some kits.

These are all going to look great together!

To keep with this thread, here is FlisKits NSL commemorative kit, the Stingray with NSL Airways markings:

I don't think we will break any records but if AARG can come up with a launch system capable of launching a 100 rockets, I will pledge that many Qubits to the cause. :)

heck, I just thought it would be cool if we each flew one of our commemrative kits. I'm sure others will have finished kits there as well and could participate.

Doh! When you said mass, I thought you meant MASS, as in very large. What you propose is just as good and a lot cheaper. :)

Hey Art, think of the photo op here. You, Jim and I each launching at the same time. The three of us in photos together. I'll bet with 3 guys as ugly as us, we'll bust at least one camera. ;)

Originally posted by jetra2
ATTENTION ALL VENDORS!

STOP releasing new kits all the time! Not just new kits, but new and EXCITING kits!

How can you ask that?

Would you ask the birds not to swim? Would you ask the fish not to fly? :D

a group NSL commemorative kit launch would be very cool.

Have you guys set field time yet. at this time, I plan on being out on the field from 1-4pm on Saturday. Part of what we will be doing is the Tour de Deuce. Otherwise, i'll just be demoing our products.

jim

I live about 3 hours from Hearne. I plan on drive there early Saturday morning and camping out there Saturday and Sunday nights. I should be there for most of it. I'm a member of AARG an plan on helping man the range for some of the time :)

Saturday between 2 and 3 PM would be good for me. Attendance should be at its peak about then :)

Squirrel Works is pleased to announce the release of our NSL 2004 commemorative kit.

Our kit, “The Spirit of Texas”, is a special edition of our popular Space Ranger with a redesigned cockpit, theme space plane decals and a full color commemorative facecard.

The Spirit of Texas, like all Squirrel Works rockets features laser cut fins, water slide decals and a mylar recovery system.

This is a limited run of 100 kits, with the edition number and size machine printed directly on each face card. Any kits not sold by June 1, 2004 will be destroyed to help preserve the collectiblity of the issue.

This kit is now available on our web site https://www.squirrel-works.com/

SpiritBan.jpg

Cool !!! I've just placed my order for a Spirit of Texas !!!

My wife's gonna kill me !!!

Oh well, I liked the regular Space Ranger and had planned to order one soon .... the commemorative issue is even nicer and I didn't want to miss out !

FlisKits would like to announce *our* contribution to the NSL-2004 commemorative kits!

:D

We will be announcing the Stingray shortly and we have put the announcement on our main page about our attendance at NSL 2004 and the special issue version of the Stingray containing free body wraps and markings to decorate your kit as an NSL Airways kit.

If you click on the banner on our main page you will see more details about this exciting kit and this exciting offering!

Details and ordering for the Stingray will be made available shortly. This information has been sent to the NSL team. We hope to be up on their site in the next day or so, so keep watch!

jim

Don, Art, and Jim all coordinating a launch?

With photos???

Whatever happened to vicious dog-eat-dog survival of the fittest, good for the consumer, competitive AMERICAN CAPITALISM???? :p

Quick, someone get Alan Greenspan a TRF membership! :D

Originally posted by Gus

Whatever happened to vicious dog-eat-dog survival of the fittest, good for the consumer, competitive AMERICAN CAPITALISM???? :p

I think we're each trying to put out the best kit we can. We each have our own style and ideas about how to accomplish that.

Sure we're all trying to sell kits, but our kits are all pretty different. Diversity of product is always good for the consumer.

And if all else fails, we could always have the WWE steel cage grudge match. :D

Could you see it on SPIKE...???

ROCKET WARS!

Just lay 'em on the ground in a protective clear dome, light'em up and let'em rip! Last one in flyable condition wins! LOL

Originally posted by jflis
Could you see it on SPIKE...???

ROCKET WARS!

Just lay 'em on the ground in a protective clear dome, light'em up and let'em rip! Last one in flyable condition wins! LOL
I LOVE that idea.

I gotta get me one of those Spirit of Texas kits, and mebbe one of those Stingrays too (I slightly favor the looks of the Spirit, just my humble opinion)

Anyone know where to find info on campsites close to the event?

Originally posted by Max_Power004

I gotta get me one of those Spirit of Texas kits, and mebbe one of those Stingrays too (I slightly favor the looks of the Spirit, just my humble opinion)

THANKS!
:D

Back