GO NSL 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my farmer rubber boots packed as well, just in case 😄

The launch has a blast both figuratively and literally. That your to railbuttons.com, jonrockets.com, CSrocketry.com, and Merlin Missiles for being vendors. I also want to thank all those who helped work the launch.

It was great to meet many of you and I look forward to the next time.

Last edited:
launched my PML MR-1 rocket for my Level 1 but it went somewhere 1/2 mile away in some tall grass, not to be found after multiple people searched about 5 hours total. I was devastated. Pretty much ruined all my work the last 6 months to prepare for it. 😢 Thanks to everyone that spent time looking for it. I'm going to take multiple actions the next time to prevent this.

launched my PML MR-1 rocket for my Level 1 but it went somewhere 1/2 mile away in some tall grass, not to be found after multiple people searched about 5 hours total. I was devastated. Pretty much ruined all my work the last 6 months to prepare for it. 😢 Thanks to everyone that spent time looking for it. I'm going to take multiple actions the next time to prevent this.

I'm sorry to hear that, Marty.

I'm sorry to hear that, Marty.
All of this was totally unnecessarily. I shot the same rocket off previously, got the Certification paper, and now had to go out and buy another motor, drive 5 hours total only to fail to find my rocket. Now I have to spend even more money and do it the 3rd time.
Do you have to re-take a drivers test because you have a lapse in driving? 90% of states=no
I not only now have to buy another re-load, but a case and an aft closure. :mad:

Last edited:
Here we go again.
It's fine if you have a fair amount of disposable income like most people in rocketry do. But when you live on SS Income with lots of medical bills and leaving almost no money for rocketry, then having to buy another motor just like the one you used before, and driving a couple hours to launch again, gas, etc. The people who make all these rules are not in my position and they literally have lots of money to burn. They make their decisions based on the fact that they have good jobs providing them with lots of spendable income with absolutely no concern over people who are financially strapped and having medical collections calling them weekly. I got my Level 1 back in 2012 before I lost my health, lost all my money in savings, and then going 5 months with ZERO income, try that out.... selling all my personal things I spent a lifetime buying. But this is pointless in my position to even mention this to everyone who is oblivious to this kind of life, when they are living the good life.

I’m very sorry for what you’ve gone through. When you’re ready to recertify let me know and I’ll have a vendor send you an H motor.
The financial crisis for many this past year is exactly why we extended the time to five years.
Best wishes,

Do you have to re-take a drivers test because you have a lapse in driving?
In Washington state, if your license has been expired over six years, then yes — both written and driving tests must be redone.

I also just checked my former home state of New Mexico. There it's five years, then you start over as in WA.

Chuck, sorry for the thread drift.

Even though I had a major disappointment at the event, it was very well run. I wonder if they can get the grass mowed down in the pit area for the next event? My travel powerchair was challenged as its really only meant for hard surfaces. There are people who convert Segway X2 off-road models and install a seat, then cut the upright handle down. I could go everywhere with one of those.

Back