GO NSL 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cwbullet

Given the potential weather leading up to the launch, can you post some generalities about how this field tolerates rain vs. time before the launch? For example, I know the Midland, NC field ROCC flies at needs a few dry days after heavy rain to be acceptable.

I believe the sod farms are generally a bit better due to the soil conditions, but it might be good to get a heads-up as to what you expect the fields to be like with the rain predicted leading up to the event. I imagine anybody coming in from far away wouldn't alter their plans, but for those doing a day trip, it might help to decide which day to attend based on what the field conditions are likely to be.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Sandy.

@cwbullet

Given the potential weather leading up to the launch, can you post some generalities about how this field tolerates rain vs. time before the launch? For example, I know the Midland, NC field ROCC flies at needs a few dry days after heavy rain to be acceptable.

I believe the sod farms are generally a bit better due to the soil conditions, but it might be good to get a heads-up as to what you expect the fields to be like with the rain predicted leading up to the event. I imagine anybody coming in from far away wouldn't alter their plans, but for those doing a day trip, it might help to decide which day to attend based on what the field conditions are likely to be.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Sandy.

The field is very tolerant of rain. As long as it is not gonna lightning on the day of the launch, we will fly. The waiver altitude will be limited by the cloud cover.

I just have some 18mm that have mini and micro rail buttons instead of launch lugs, thanks... At least now I'll bring them and fly them, time permitting. :clapping:

Ok. We will have them at LP. We do not like Gs flying that close. I do not think they make an 18mm G. 🙃

Guess I'll ask. Will there be any spot for handicap parking? I know it's not likely as I'll be the only handicapped flyer there. I'm only going to be there Saturday.
I will ask. We typically do not have designated parking.

If anyone else needs a handicap slot, send me a note via conversation and I will try to reserve a slot. It will be at the front end of the vendor side.

@cwbullet, Couple-three questions:

1. Are there restrooms/porta-jons on site?

2. Any restrictions/need-to-knows about parking, setting up sun shades/tables/prep areas?

3. I signed up for preferred/backup slots on the duty roster at the NAR registration page. Where can I see the final roster so I make sure I hit my shifts on time?

Last edited:
Good morning @cwbullet! What rail lengths will be available at the event? Would like to know ahead of time for RockSim simulations.

Most are 8. I have a 15 foot 1515 and 15 foot unistrut. We have others but is most are 8-10 feet. Our inventory is pretty deep and there are some of various lengths available.

Good morning @cwbullet! What rail lengths will be available at the event? Would like to know ahead of time for RockSim simulations.
Most are 8. I have a 15 foot 1515 and 15 foot unistrut. We have others but is most are 8-10 feet. Our inventory is pretty deep and there are some of various lengths available.

@cwbullet any help on my 3 questions?
@cwbullet, Couple-three questions:

1. Are there restrooms/porta-jons on site?

2. Any restrictions/need-to-knows about parking, setting up sun shades/tables/prep areas?

3. I signed up for preferred/backup slots on the duty roster at the NAR registration page. Where can I see the final roster so I make sure I hit my shifts on time?

Chuck: any food vendors at this event? If not, how far is the nearest place to grab lunch?
Yes:
Food truck on site. BBQ. Will have pulled pork ribs on Saturday. Pulled pork and brisket Sunday. A lighter menu on Monday. Hamburgers and hotdogs all days.

Attention: If you are attending NSL. Please do not arrive early and try to squat out prime tent space. You will be assigned a location and the flight line is changing from prior launches. Any early setups before we assign your slot (Approximately 1400-1500 on Friday) will risk being told to move.

Chuck, thanks for all the hard work your team has put into this and for all the helpful info you've been posting here. Really looking forward to flying with you guys this weekend. -Steve

Attention: If you are attending NSL. Please do not arrive early and try to squat out prime tent space. You will be assigned a location and the flight line is changing from prior launches. Any early setups before we assign your slot (Approximately 1400-1500 on Friday) will risk being told to move.

I totally misread the last sentence and thought at first you were going to have to assign 1400-1500 slots. . . I was so surprised (obviously) that I re-read it twice before remembering your occupation and then all made sense, of course.

That would be one heck of a launch, though!!!

Sandy.

I totally misread the last sentence and thought at first you were going to have to assign 1400-1500 slots. . . I was so surprised (obviously) that I re-read it twice before remembering your occupation and then all made sense, of course.

That would be one heck of a launch, though!!!

Sandy.

The goal is to set up the flight line and allow people to set up a canopy for Saturday. The first is to set up the pads and launch equipment.

Back