GO NSL 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I viewed the volunteer sheet and believe it says there are 2 RSO's, one who must be an L3 and one who is an L2 at least. Am I reading that correctly?

I am comfortable RSO'ing L0 and mellow L1/L2 rockets, but I know there are plenty of complex L1 and other L2 rockets I don't feel qualified to RSO. If there are 2 RSO's and I volunteered to do a shift or two, could I defer/point a person to the other guy? I am NAR L2 and fly electronics, but I know there are a lot of complex projects that people fly that are not in my norm and therefore I should not be approving.

Sandy.

I viewed the volunteer sheet and believe it says there are 2 RSO's, one who must be an L3 and one who is an L2 at least. Am I reading that correctly?

I am comfortable RSO'ing L0 and mellow L1/L2 rockets, but I know there are plenty of complex L1 and other L2 rockets I don't feel qualified to RSO. If there are 2 RSO's and I volunteered to do a shift or two, could I defer/point a person to the other guy? I am NAR L2 and fly electronics, but I know there are a lot of complex projects that people fly that are not in my norm and therefore I should not be approving.

Sandy.

That is correct.

It is on the NSL website. You can prepay there or on the field. On the field, it will be cash only and 25 a day or 60 for the weekend.

I will be there. Not flying, but I will be there. I have to work the whole launch.

I'm not qualified to do a lot of what you obviously can do, but if you need a 2 hours break (or 2x 1 hour breaks) to at least fly something, please PM and I'll do what I can!

Sandy.

I'm not qualified to do a lot of what you obviously can do, but if you need a 2 hours break (or 2x 1 hour breaks) to at least fly something, please PM and I'll do what I can!

Sandy.

I appreciate that. I will take photos and make sure the equipment works.

I'm a first-time participant, couldn't pass up such an event in my home state! You'll see me on pad support on day one, 9-11am. Trying out for my L1 with an Estes Pro Series II Ventris.
There are plenty of folks there to sign your paperwork.

My very best friend, my uncle, passed away and the memorial will be held at sea near Charleston SC on the 21st. Very emotional times for this trip....
So sorry for your loss.

My very best friend, my uncle, passed away and the memorial will be held at sea near Charleston SC on the 21st. Very emotional times for this trip....

Very sorry, Leo. I look forward to seeing you again (last time was at Freedom Launch in the 2010's) at NSL, but know you will be carrying extra weight to the event.

Sandy.

Guess I'll ask. Will there be any spot for handicap parking? I know it's not likely as I'll be the only handicapped flyer there. I'm only going to be there Saturday.

Last edited:
Back