NSL 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketjoe13

Certified L2
Reaction score
Spudnik 2021 NSL is Happening! Event Director Matt Abbey and members of the San Luis Valley Rocketeers (SLVR #774) of Alamosa, CO are ready for members to begin registering for their inaugural event. Alamosa is a small, front range town, located at 7,600 feet. It's about 2 hours southwest of Pueblo, and less than four hours from either Albuquerque, NM or Denver, CO. Enough can't be said about how awesome this launch site is. BIG, flat, and with low ground cover and no spiny plants and a waiver to 30,000 feet!

There are three different hotel price ranging from the $99/night Dunes Hotel (recently renovated; $149/night Comfort Inns and Suites (dog friendly), and the $169/night Hampton Inn. All are providing complimentary Wifi and breakfast.

Matt and his section are busting their tails to make this a terrific event and though a bit off the beaten path, it's going to be well worth making the trip to this year's NSL. Plan your NSL trip today and register!

I'm leaving for NSL tomorrow. My plans are late and I will need to register for NSL on-site. I'm traveling light with only a few rocket gliders. I will be spending only one full day, Sunday. I imagine the place will be crowded and people will be busy. I hope to meet a few people that I have never met in-person.

I'm leaving for NSL tomorrow. My plans are late and I will need to register for NSL on-site. I'm traveling light with only a few rocket gliders. I will be spending only one full day, Sunday. I imagine the place will be crowded and people will be busy. I hope to meet a few people that I have never met in-person.

Be sure and look up Wayco and I (Sharon) at NSL. We will be flying our AZ flag and streamer at our Toyhauler.

We’ve stopped for the night after our second day’s drive. Currently in Wellington, Utah. My wife and I have signed up for three volunteer shifts each so we should be in that front row of parking/shelters. White straight-legged QuikShade that looks a little worse for the wear and dark grey Mazda 3 five-door with Washington plates. I’m hoping we’ll get to Alamosa early enough tomorrow to go out to the field and at least drop the tables and shelter off before reporting for duty at 7:30 Saturday morning….

I'm en route in Flagstaff for the evening. There are significant chances of rain on Sunday and Monday...I'm going to be checking on how many rockets Wayco and Hardline can fly on Saturday :p

We’re heading that way this morning. Going as far as Clayton NM for the night...then on to Alamosa on Saturday morning. White Toyota Tundra with Oklahoma plates. See y’all there!

This is our typical launch set up. Stop by and say howdy.
D8859FA1-5D04-4229-84D2-E40A791959B0.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm en route in Flagstaff for the evening. There are significant chances of rain on Sunday and Monday...I'm going to be checking on how many rockets Wayco and Hardline can fly on Saturday :p

Yeah, the rain predictions are a bit troublesome, but keep an eye on BEC, he’s a flying hero, Sharon and I together won’t come close to his numbers.
We took the toyhauler to the launch site Wednesday and set it up on the back row. Drove back to Red River to get some work done, and will be back up there this morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

I was looking at that weather forecast last night. Hmmmmm…..well, I expected I’d be doing more socializing and less flying than perhaps I would normally (though the number of models and motors in the car don’t say that). Maybe some of that socializing will be during showers….

As for “flying hero”—not sure what to make of that.

Back