Nozzle Sizes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubr_Duky

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know of a place where I can find a matrix of sorts, detailing the nozzle sizes of particular motors?

I have some of the ones I am concerned with, but I just thought it would be a handy reference for future use, mainly because the nozzle kind of determines the size of igniter you can use.

:D
RD

I will jump in here and make an assumption you are referring to Aerotech Nozzles...

RCS, which is owned by Gary Rosenfeld, sells singleuse Aerotech Nozzles (of course they own Aerotech too). Their web site is: https://www.rocketmotorparts.com/

They do not tell you what reload gets what nozzle, because this is a market for EX supplies for Amateur propellant making. But here you will find the nozzle throat specs you need, you will just have to measure the throat you have, and wala!
Go to the products section, and look for 24mm; 29mm; etc. nozzles. They are generaly grouped by throat size under their diameter sizes.

Are you dipping your own igniters, using "copperheads", (insert other name brands here)? What kinds of igniters are you using?

...Let us know, and I hope this helps.

my intention is to make my own igniters, but the easiest way that I have found is to use the pcb technique of bridging the nichrome. One difficulty I have had with using just wire is that the nichrome usually heats up too much when soldering, and it melts the sheathing on the wires, and shorts.

I am using two strands from cat-5 cable, and 40 ga nichrome. Then it's dipped in dark flash, BP & NC, then BP & NC & mg powder, then in just NC, and I want to make sure this blob can fit into the nozzle, or if I assemble the motor with the igniter in it, that the pcb can get out without causing a cato. And I don't want to mix my chemicals with too much acetone, because they wrinkle as they dry, and I wouldn't imagine that contributes to my mission.

:D
RD

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
They do not tell you what reload gets what nozzle, because this is a market for EX supplies for Amateur propellant making. But here you will find the nozzle throat specs you need, you will just have to measure the throat you have, and wala!
Go to the products section, and look for 24mm; 29mm; etc. nozzles. They are generaly grouped by throat size under their diameter sizes.

These are the as molded throat sizes. Nearly all motors will require drilling the throat to the exzct size needed for a particular motor. Many of the TMT certified motor data includes the throat size.

Latest posts

Back