Nova Payloader @ AC Supply?

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by rharshberger, Oct 3, 2018.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Oct 3, 2018 #1

rharshberger

rharshberger

rharshberger

Anyone notice that AC Supply is carrying the Nova Payloader as a New for 2018 item?

2. Oct 3, 2018 #2

BEC

BEC

BEC

Yes!! One of my favorite models. It is slightly different in that it has a slightly longer nose cone and the markings are back to water slide decals from the stickers they have been since the second release of the model in 2001.

It also has a new catalog number 1716 as it is bulk package style only - no face card and instructions in only three languages :)

Picture is of my NARAM-60 Classic model entry on the left and one built from the #1716 bulk kit from AC Supply on the right. (The Classic Model version has original 1986 release water slide decals on it.)

Randy Boadway (who was a judge for Classic Model at NARAM-60) told me eRockets will carry them as well.

Also re-issued this way (bulk packaged only at AC Supply) was the Guardian.

Attached Files:

3. Oct 3, 2018 #3

rharshberger

rharshberger

rharshberger

I saw the Gaurdian was back too and it is one of my favorites as well. I plan on acquiring several of each as I love having a couple of payloaders around and the Gaurdian is easy to make a payloader. My payload mule for the most part is my BT70 clone of the Enerjet AeroDart, which does everything from altimeter testing to egg lofting duties due to its massive payload bay. Still the Nova Payloader and Gaurdian are two of my favorites. As for the packaging...meh! Its a rocket! I wouldn't be surprised if Randy didn't have a balsa nose cone that fit the original style more closely than the current version.

4. Oct 3, 2018 #4

BEC

BEC

BEC

I'm sure he does. That said, the Nova Payloader never had a balsa nose cone, however (though the first release had the original style motor hook and an NB-50 and screw eye at the base of the payload section).

For a fun flyer it matters little which nose cone. Side by side the difference is not huge and the weights are similar as well, so performance is not really affected.

I was glad to see the real decals. Peel-n-stick doesn't stay stuck - especially the fin flashes. These grew a little when the first sticker version came out (2001 release) and so the clear margins are too big if you put 'em down where they go at the fin tips.

Sorry about all the minutiae. It's a failing I have....

5. Oct 4, 2018 #5

rharshberger

rharshberger

rharshberger

You can have all the minutiae you want . I'm just happy to have the Nova Payloader back in production. As for the nosecone once its painted nobody will notice (my clone was built with a balsa NC from BMS that looks to be same profile as the original).

Nytrunner likes this.