Note to self: Don't work on rockets in a bad mood.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHaase

Reaction score
Good news today, a Hobby Lobby opened up nearby. I was excited and had to get myself a rocket, choosing the new Estes Quinstar.

Which I promptly came home and started assembling. Even though I was kinda grumpy for reasons outside of rocketry

Then I realized I put the first two parts together wrong.... about a half hour after I glued them, and at that point I was kinda far into the build.

I got mad(der). Tried to separate the parts, but managed to break one instead.

Got REALLY mad, and crushed the whole thing into little balsa chips.

Nope, not a good idea to work on rockets when you're not in the right mood. Heading back to buy another one tomorrow as I still think it's a really neat little kit.

-Hans

Bad mood, or just not in the mood both! You, rather I, won't build, paint or even as a last resort even attempt to hit that shop unless my mojo is cranking. Even if it's a time sensitive project. I've tried it dozens of times before, only to make stupid mistakes. I just can't force myself to build rockets if I'm not in the mood. Simple.

Where'd you get the upscale? In all honesty the only two critiques I have is a more sturdy material and I'd love to have one made for stronger 24mm or 29mm.

Edit: Found your thread. Nice work on the upscale. Maybe someday I'll do one as well but not just yet.

-Hans

Last edited:
Where'd you get the upscale? In all honesty the only two critiques I have is a more sturdy material and I'd love to have one made for stronger 24mm or 29mm.

Edit: Found your thread. Nice work on the upscale. Maybe someday I'll do one as well but not just yet.

-Hans

Funny, I was personally thinking of 38mm or 54mm.

My upscale is sized for 38mm, but is only tall enough for a CTI 1 grain.

I just ran a check - a 54mm size would fit on the 12x24" laser cutter at the school. A 75mm scale won't.

But a 1G Pro54 motor is an I. It would be quite a beast. Might want an alternate recovery mode :)

Last edited:
It's not a mistake if you call it kit bashing.

Yeah, man, why not save the pieces, even if it's a no-go mistake...and kit bash something else that will work later on?

Er, what kit were we initially talking about, anyway?

Crunch it up good and fly it in the payload bay of a Ventris!! Don't let it beat you make it fly one way or another.

I used some of the balsa scraps as spacers and such in the altimeter mounting on my 4-29SS.

Monday I'll go get another kit and do it properly.

Back