Quantcast

Not getting instant Email notifications

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hope this is the right place, but I haven't received any notifications since yesterday morning.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, maybe if they are they will say so.
Just wanted to bring it to someone's attention.
The sooner things are corrected, the less the mass of emails will be when they start coming.
Thank you in advance for looking into this matter...whom every it may be.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am still not getting email Notifications for my subscribed threads.
Am I the only one? Would be nice to at least have someone acknowledge this!
I'll acknowledge it, but I don't have email notifications set up and I'm not going to set them up. I have no idea if there's a problem or not. Sorry. Have you tried messaging Angie?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems receiving email notification?

billdz

Reaction score
Same problem here. Checked spam folder, the notifications are not going there. The subscriptions are showing in My Profile.

billdz

Reaction score
The problem continues, it's been going on for more than a week now. Is it just Woody and me who are affected?

billdz

Reaction score
I'm still having the same problem, no notification emails about new posts or new PMs. Is there any fix possible?

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still having the same problem, no notification emails about new posts or new PMs. Is there any fix possible?
I am still not getting email Notifications for my subscribed threads.
Am I the only one?
I'm still getting flooded with my email notifications, will be disabling them as soon as I get free time to mess with the settings. I'm reading this forum more off the mobile app client, which does a better job of presenting threads I'm following that the web interface.

Too many variables in play in your situation, but you are not sharing any of them to allow anyone to help you.
Who is your service provider/ISP? Has anything changes on their end? Have they installed a new spam filter (not you, them)?
Have you exhausted your email quota?
Is your email client working correctly?
etc, etc, etc

Looks like notifications are working for some, but not for the others...

a

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
And have you checked your spam or junk mail folders? How tight is your security?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

billdz

Reaction score
The notifications are not in spam or junk folders, have checked several times. My ISP is Comcast, they have not changed anything to my knowledge. I have no quota, nothing exhausted, email is otherwise working properly. I am receiving notifications from other forums. Under My Profile > billdz > Subscriptions, all my subscribed threads are listed, with "Instantly, using email" checked.

Anything else to try?
Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I am not seeing anything that would make yours not send immediately, or at all. Have you given once a day a try just to see if that could be received?

billdz

Reaction score
Switched to "once a day" but that did not help, still not receiving notifications. Also tried setting my account to a different email address, that also did not help. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Bill

billdz

Reaction score
Something happened, I have started receiving notifications at the new email address.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
That's great to hear. There is a possibility that the old email address had some type of blocks on incoming and the new one does not.

Latest posts