Not getting Email Notifications

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped getting Email Notifications when someone posts on threads I am subscribed to last night.
Still not getting them, thought I should point this out since it's been 24 hours.
Anyone else not getting Notifications by Email?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I am not getting my email notifications either. I've contacted tech guy that controls the mail server know so hopefully he'll get it back by tomorrow morning.

Sorry about this.

noffie79

Reaction score
It's been nice not getting the emails. I visit here enough that I don't really need them. Now, it'll get fixed and I'll get five hundred emails. Can't wait!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
It's been nice not getting the emails. I visit here enough that I don't really need them. Now, it'll get fixed and I'll get five hundred emails. Can't wait!
You could unsubscribe to each thread, or get them less often. Just check into your Edit Options. Or I can change that for you if you would like me to.

But, I do agree, when the mail server starts delivering, I'll probably have a matching 500 also. :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
You all should be getting emails again.

Incongruent

Reaction score
Hate to be a bother, but I haven't gotten a Email Notification in 2 days now.
Can you please look into it when you time?
Thank You.
In settings- subscriptions, there's a select all for email notifications. (Individual select too) However, I have not been able to save it after I make the change.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I lost my password to my Email, so I had to swictch to my alternate Gmail, but that seems to be a lot nicer anyhow, and someone told me that nobody uses yahoo email anymore, but I'm not up oin tech stuff.
Anyhow, I did'nt change it on my forum settings til' recently, so I've been getting no Email whatsover unless i order something from Amazon or PetMeds. I realized I don't get any spam now, and that is a nice thing about Gmail too.
I think I updated here but will have to check.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
So, email is sending notifications okay for all right now? And please make sure you have the right email address in your profile so the notifications can get to you.
Also, occasionally check your edit options settings as they have been known to seem to change by themselves. Not often, but once in awhile it appears that way.

Incongruent

Reaction score
Email is correct, but I haven't received any emails after the three I got this morning (that made me assume it was working.)
In settings, everything is unchecked again and I have still been unable to find a way to save after selecting the threads for email notifications.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have not been getting emails either and have not changed anything at all, I've had about 10 thread updates and 3-4 pm's in the last week and only gotten one email about 3 days after the posting for one thread...a few days ago.

Frank

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Please let me know if the emails start coming thru again. I ran a maintenance that often knocks the emails back into delivering.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I've not received any email from the forum in a couple weeks, around the time this thread sprouted up. It does seem like this is a sporadically ongoing issue, as we had this exact conversation maybe a month ago. Obviously not to root-cause yet...

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I received your Happy New Year message at 1:30 a.m. if that helps.
I wondered if that went through at all. Thanks for letting me know at least you received it.

I still am searching down why this happens off and on.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing fixed for me, still no email updates.

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
I wondered if that went through at all. Thanks for letting me know at least you received it.

I still am searching down why this happens off and on.
I also received it.

Lowpuller

Reaction score
I got it also......Happy New Year to you as well.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I got the New Years message last night at 8:00, and bunch of new post notifications this morning. None of these for current threads, the newest one was from 4 days ago. So, while it seems I'm getting them again, they're not exactly instant...

TangoJuliet

Reaction score
For the record, I have never been able to get email notifications of responses since signing on to TRF last summer, even though I've got all my subscribed threads ticked to receive instant email notification. But, like noffie79, I'm almost glad that I don't get them. I'm on here enough during my week at work that I don't really miss much, and on my week off, I still check in often enough to stay updated.

noffie79

Reaction score
It was really nice not getting them. I've gotten about 100 this morning...

Ringo

Reaction score
How did you fix it???? Reason I ask is because I'm on a boating forum and then have the same problem. Thanks for any help and info.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
The notifications are starting pour in now, but they're still just catching up to the old ones that were missed. I haven't gotten any for the recent topic posts that I'm subscribed to.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate when you can give me this feedback. It helps me keep the forum working well for you.