Quantcast

Not Getting Email Notifications Of Thread Responses?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

TangoJuliet

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've set everything correctly to get email notifications when a response is posted to a thread I'm subscribed to, but I never get an email notification :confused2:. On some forums, threads can be set to receive a notice for every single response, immediately, or a daily email for all responses. Can anyone explain my problem?

I have also noticed (and it may be due to an old version of IE installed on the company computers for security reasons) that sometimes when I click the blue arrow/circle to go to the first unread response of a given thread, it does not take me to the first unread, but rather sometimes the very first post, or some random post - but always the same one in that thread :surprised:.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
That's very helpful. :eyeroll:

Anyway, unfortunately, this site is a bit flaky with regards to that. It has been complained about on multiple occasions, as I recall. One in a while the management attempt to address it, and it sort of works for a while, but seems to eventually go back to flaky. Not that this reply was any more helpful than the above, but I can tell you I'm seeing the same thing you are at the moment...

TangoJuliet

Reaction score
Thanks EXPjawa. Your explanation is suitable enough.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I just ran a maintenance to see if that helps the situation. It usually does help for awhile. Let me know if it helped this time.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Are you using an IE or Echo browser?

EXPjawa

Reaction score
FWIW, I'm seeing at least some of the notifications 2-3 days after the fact. There are a few that are still fairly immediate, but on the whole not.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
That's strange that it changes like that, and others not mentioning it. Anyone else having emails like EXPjawa? I am not seeing any settings that would cause it for EXPjawa.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
That's strange that it changes like that, and others not mentioning it. Anyone else having emails like EXPjawa? I am not seeing any settings that would cause it for EXPjawa.
What's more is that it isn't consistent. Sometimes they are immediate. Sometimes they're days later, and sometimes I don't ever see them. It seems almost like certain threads act one way, and others follow a different behavior. Odd.