Not geek enough...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
OK, just picked up my laundry and they had found this card in my pants pocket. A couple weeks ago I went to a 20th anniversary party the investment firm that is part owner in our company. As usual at these things you get a badge and handouts/freebies during the hustle/bustle of checking in. The "important" trinkets I give to my g'kids. Other things I usually ignore like the item below :). But now, looking at it, the problem is I don't know what it is? And maybe I should since this company is on my Board--who knows, I may get a random question. Now I'm fairly geeky, or at least can be at times, with a EE degree, software early in career, big engineering projects, Silicon Valley stint, et. al., yet I don't know what this is... Can someone help?

As handed out:
View attachment 296300

Ready for use (in some slot somewhere?):
View attachment 296301

BTW, already did a Google image search on the device itself and all that came up was a series of blue icons and such, no real match. Now I could sheepishly call in to my Board of Director's assistant or the coordinator of the event, but then I'd really be showing my non-geekiness which may be not the best move as I run a tech company :).

OK, thanks. Easy enough. I had already discarded that because the USB slot has five contacts, not four, and the sizing of the contacts are way different. But have never looked at pinout on plug side...

Ok, I'm curious but neither android phone nor windows laptop will open those attachments. error 500. Any clue?

Ok, I'm curious but neither android phone nor windows laptop will open those attachments. error 500. Any clue?

Don't know why they aren't showing up. Look fine on my phone but screwed on laptop. I upload from the phone app all the time and never had a problem. Here I'll try once more:

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1468104868.452380.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1468104891.682173.jpg

Just be careful first time you put the USB into your computer... viruses abound on promotional items. Format the thing just to make sure.

Crazy thing, no big marketing message or educational spiel instead just a blank 4Gb chip.

Back