not an astronaut but close

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
Been tracking a balloon down near the 4 corners of the western part of the US the balloon is a new project where
tourist will experience a balloon ride all the way up to 100,000 feet . The balloon has been up for about 5 days now

The world view space balloon is at 70,400 feet

here is the link to the company

https://worldview.space/
and here is the link to track the balloon

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=a0973a
the other red balloon indicator north of the world view balloon is an Raven Aerostar and it is at 60,600 feet

Bobby

I filled up my shopping cart with tickets and now they won't let me empty it! 😆

We’ll, I’m in! Might have to start selling blood.

Something I don’t understand. They say 5 days, but they also say the ride is a total 6-8 hours. I can’t imagine you spend 5 days at that altitude. I need some clarity before I drop $50K/person.

The flight is one day, but they want you there for a 5 day window to make sure the weather is good.

The flight is one day, but they want you there for a 5 day window to make sure the weather is good.
Yeah, I’ve taken the time to actually read the fine print now. 😀

I’d love to do something like this. It’s probably the closest I’ll ever get to space.

Yeah, I’ve taken the time to actually read the fine print now. 😀

I’d love to do something like this. It’s probably the closest I’ll ever get to space.
Same here. If I ever find myself with $50k I don't need to spend or set aside for other things, a balloon ride to the edge of space sounds fantastic.

it has been up for 5 days but I don't think anyone is on it yet, There still testing it
or it may be a remote sensing type of balloon as in the company info they say they offer
remote sensing services balloons

it has been up for 5 days but I don't think anyone is on it yet, There still testing it
or it may be a remote sensing type of balloon as in the company info they say they offer
remote sensing services balloons I totally misunderstood your first post. I originally thought they had already started service
EDIT: I don’t know what the heck happened in this post but I couldn’t fix it and I couldn’t delete it to start over.

remote sensing services balloons
I totally misunderstood your first post. I originally thought they started service and had a 5-day trip going on. :headspinning:

OK, hate to be "that guy" but 100,000 ft. is 30.5 kilometers/18.9 miles.
Karmann Line is 100 kilometers/62 miles.
So less than a third of the way to "space".
Edge of space? Not even close.
But, I agree, still a unique experience.

And yet, the closest I will ever have a chance to get. Don’t be a killjoy.
A1D0D179-8791-42AE-BEB9-B483B5CF4516.gif

Back