Nosecone Payload Capsule retention

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandman444

Reaction score
My TARC Team is building a rocket which will eject the nosecone with the altimeter and egg inside it and be connected to streamers....but we are having some problem with retention

Our intital plan was to cut a 1/2 thick plywood piece just small enough to fit in the shoulder of the nosecone and have a few small brass screws through them...

The head of the screw though is preventing the nosecone from being safely ejected. And we cant sand the screw cuz well...ya

I have talked with many people and some have came up with clever tricks like using c-clips and bars and what-not to keep everything in but our teams motto is "K.I.S.S." (Keep It Simple Stupid) and i want to be 1000% nothing will come out unless we want it to!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Go to your local hardware store (a real one, not a big box store). Tell them what you are trying to do. If I understand your description correctly, you're using the wrong kind of a screw.

Back