nosecone Forms

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
ive been making some forms for noseconse like the guys from trailerparktrash dose any one else have any suggestions for making forms for a cone?

Originally posted by Bowhunter
ive been making some forms for noseconse like the guys from trailerparktrash dose any one else have any suggestions for making forms for a cone?

I'm assuming you mean forms for plastic molds? What method are you using?

What size are you making...Man, throw us a friggin' bone here!

"I'm making nose cone forms."

That don't tell me nothin'. I need to know!

How big?

What Material?

What's it for...production or a one off?

Geez, yer keepin' secrets!

Oh, yea...where's the pics?

sandman:D

Originally posted by sandman
What size are you making...Man, throw us a friggin' bone here!

"I'm making nose cone forms."

That don't tell me nothin'. I need to know!

How big?

What Material?

What's it for...production or a one off?

Geez, yer keepin' secrets!

Oh, yea...where's the pics?

sandman:D

What he said. :D

T T work alot with the hot wire cut, foam cones, using a profile gauge to guide the wire, than glassing over it.

I don't know exactly what you're asking but you can make a styrofoam replica that is just a little smaller than you need it. You glass the form to the right size and let it dry. Once it dries solid, you can use acetone to remove the styrofoam.

Is this what you mean??? :confused:

Originally posted by Bowhunter

...and how about some photos!:D

Im making a cone for a 16inch dia. 8 foot tube I was gonna make a foam form then glass it Ill get pics when I get over to Area 51 (my rocket house)

No its not for production I wouldnt want to step on anyones toes(sandman) TRF has its cone maker Im just doing a true scratch build

Back