Nose cones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drt_trkr

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me where I could buy Plastic or Balsa nose cones that would fit a 3" ID tube?

I hate having to buy one but I have no way of turning my own...

Thank you,

Sandman or BMS can do that for you. PM sandman or look up BMS in the resources section.

Don't be suprized at a price over $20-25.

Pre-made cones are 3" OD, he needs 3" ID:)

That would, of course, make the OD somewhat larger than 3" thus the need for a custom cone. At least that's what I gather from the info provided.

Pem tech has one but I'm not sure they sell them individualy I know their 3FNC uses one

Actually LOC and PML cones fit 3" I.D. tubes. Their outer diameter is ~3.1". I would expect a Performance Rocketry cone to be the same as these body tube sizes are pretty much universal. Some fitment problems every so often but for the most part they are all interchangeable.

Drt_trkr: Are you using a commercial tube? If so, whose? Also if you are using a 3" tube from the post office I know personally that they fit 3" PML nose cones.

Actually LOC and PML cones fit 3" I.D. tubes. Their outer diameter is ~3.1". I would expect a Performance Rocketry cone to be the same as these body tube sizes are pretty much universal. Some fitment problems every so often but for the most part they are all interchangeable.

Drt_trkr: Are you using a commercial tube? If so, whose? Also if you are using a 3" tube from the post office I know personally that they fit 3" PML nose cones.

The tube I am using is not a commercial tube. These tubes I can get are off of large rolls of the brown Kraft paper you see in a lot of package shipments. They are 30" long, 3" ID and have 1/8" thick walls. They are very sturdy and I have easy access to them. My only concern is they may be too sturdy and I will have weight issues.

Back