Nose cones for older rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailorbill

Reaction score
I have a modified THOY Falcon that was modified-stretched by the original owner. It has been flown so often that the motor tube has holes in it. I want to rebuild it as close to stock as possible. Just trying to ensure it has the correct nose cone. The current cone is an ACE PNC-39
I also have a newer LOC EZI-65 w/electronics bay. It is longer than the original and I want to be able to fly it in the original style. I know how long the rocket should be but I wonder if the newer nosecone is correct. It has the standard LOC heavy plastic rounded nose with 12.5" exposed.
I plan to include electronics in both of these for tracking and deployment.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a modified THOY Falcon that was modified-stretched by the original owner. It has been flown so often that the motor tube has holes in it. I want to rebuild it as close to stock as possible. Just trying to ensure it has the correct nose cone. The current cone is an ACE PNC-39
I also have a newer LOC EZI-65 w/electronics bay. It is longer than the original and I want to be able to fly it in the original style. I know how long the rocket should be but I wonder if the newer nosecone is correct. It has the standard LOC heavy plastic rounded nose with 12.5" exposed.
I plan to include electronics in both of these for tracking and deployment.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bill,

Cool. Both great rockets!

Thoy Falcon was a 34" main airframe, 17" payload, and the 16" long ACE 3.9" cone that you mention.

EZI-65 always had the Loc standard cone as you mentioned; ~12.5" long.

Hope to see photos!!!:cool:

Thanks Eric.
The EZI-65 will be the easiest just need to shorten the payload bay tube and get some decals or a wrap for it. The Falcon will take a little longer as I plan to replace all of the tubing to bring it back to stock dimensions. The tubing appears to be a thinner cardboard than LOC tubing so I will need to look for something close to the original.

Hi Bill,

Cool. Both great rockets!

Thoy Falcon was a 34" main airframe, 17" payload, and the 16" long ACE 3.9" cone that you mention.

EZI-65 always had the Loc standard cone as you mentioned; ~12.5" long.

Hope to see photos!!!:cool:

Back