NOS HV Arcas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
I am assembling an Aerotech HV Arcas kit. The instruction packet has an ink pad type stamp "Oct 15 2007" that I assume is proximate to the kit packing date. I modified the motor mount to accommodate a threaded retainer and did not install the motor hook or block

Question: The supplied shock cord is around 15 years old. Replace on general principal? I have used braided sewing elastic for this in the past but will have to make a trip to get some.

I've been flying an AeroTech Arreaux model for 20+ years.

Still using all the original components.

I would not swap out the shock cord unless you have some indication that it will fail.

I've been flying an AeroTech Arreaux model for 20+ years.

Still using all the original components.

I would not swap out the shock cord unless you have some indication that it will fail.
Wow! Any tips on keeping it going for that long? Did you remove the ejection mesh or just clean it occasionally?

Wow! Any tips on keeping it going for that long? Did you remove the ejection mesh or just clean it occasionally?
I MAY have taken the mesh out at some point then put it back into the motor tube making sure that the mesh stays stretched out.
Most of the time I just shake my AeroTech rockets and watch for stuff (red caps, paper, etc.) to fall out.

Back