North Eastern Regional Rocket Festival

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Here's to hoping I don't step on any toes....

The membership of METRA, NEPRA, NARCONN, and CATO will be hosting NERRF next June. This 3 day rocket extravaganza is going to be a real great time.

Our own TRAU is the webmaster for the homepage:

HTTP://NERRF.com

He wants some stress testing.

Go get it folks.

A

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket

The membership of METRA, NEPRA, NARCONN, and CATO will be hosting NERRF next June. This 3 day rocket extravaganza is going to be a real great time.

Go get it folks.

A

Aw MAN. And at Pine Island too. If only I weren't committed to TARC in August.

If I'm reading this correctly this will be a commerical/EX launch and the field is N capable......hmmmm sounds like a formula for a great time.

Uhh...
isn't suppose to be North Eastern Regional Rocket Fest ???

Given that our field is not in a New England state??

JD

Go get it folks.

A

Correct-o-mundo

I stand corrected and am endeavoring to get it fixed on all posts.

Thanx JD

A

Go get it folks.

A

Looks broke tonight: 404

I misunderstook the TARC date. It's May 21.
If the NERRF date is close enough, I might could stay over from one to the other. I LIKES Pine Island.

If NERRF will have visual altitude tracking suitable for an altitude record attempt, I'll definitely make this in favor of the Middletown Records Trials in September. I gots me a secret weapon for G Alt and the VB X-29 is only the warm up.

I checked at 10:10EST and got in OK.

As to visual or other altitucde tracking, please sign up on the web site and post something in the internal forum.

I do want to point out the appropriate URL is

HTTP://NERRF.COM

No WWW

Don't know why.

A

I checked at 10:10EST and got in OK.

As to visual or other altitucde tracking, please sign up on the web site and post something in the internal forum.

I do want to point out the appropriate URL is

HTTP://NERRF.COM

No WWW

Don't know why.

A

Got through that time.

If something is on the web, does it really need to have WWW in it? The huttup fairies know where it's at. I mean, where else can a browser go?

May 21 (TARC) to June 17 (NERRF) is too much of a stretch for me to stay over, too soon to make another trip. Bummer.

i will make the trek. not too bad. should be a good 5 hour ride. but there are some good hotels down there.

any hotel suggestions? in the area. i will drive so i dont need to be TOO close. thanks.

The nearest town of consequence is Middletown, NY and I was able to find a Howard Johnson's there. There is also about 20 other places to stay wityhin a 14 mile "as tthe crow flies" radius

A

The closest place would have to be the Days Inn in Middletown
it's less than 10 miles from the field.

Routes 17 West and 6
Middletown, NY, 10958 US
845-374-2411

Ps: Don't stay at HO JO,besides it's on the other side of town

JD

The nearest town of consequence is Middletown, NY and I was able to find a Howard Johnson's there. There is also about 20 other places to stay wityhin a 14 mile "as tthe crow flies" radius

A

According to the NERRF forums.

"There is a Days Inn in Middletown ( which I dont reccomend ) also there is ( If I remember correctly ) A Ramada Inn and a Quality Inn ( With a couple of resturant/watering hole's ) in the middle just up the freeway a bit."

The Days Inn sounds like a fleabag, what's the recommendation for the rest of us? ;-)

no motel 6??? lol. i'll stay anywhere. ill sleep in my truck...(i've done it before, its pretty comfortable) i could always rent an RV for a weekend. this will be the biggest launch i've been to so far, i've never seen more than a K motor. i can barely wait.

I'm waiting (somewhatpatiently) to find out what the rules will be on RVs. I found a fully contained 24' I gan get Thurs thru Tues for $650. Figure if I bring my own food, It is just about as cheap as a motel.

The website looks good, but there should be a direct link to maps/directions. Maybe I missed something, but I surfed around in there for a while and only found references to a field name that would be understood only by local members, and I had to look pretty carefully to find that. Like I said, maybe I missed something.

yeah man, thats what i might do. just rent an RV, or borrow my uncles. its so much cooler. lol. plus, theres plenty of room in an RV for those winter projects to chill.

Oh MAN. It's an ARSA launch. You shoulda said.

I could fly my "special" motors.

You know Doc, this meet is strictly a science experiment to see if we can break you.....:p

The rocket launching is just a pleasant byproduct.

I prolly don't deserve a vote, but I liked A. The darker green background is nice and the fin stays blue. Teach you to let the riff-raff sign in :)

Originally posted by rstaff3
I prolly don't deserve a vote, but I liked A. The darker green background is nice and the fin stays blue. Teach you to let the riff-raff sign in :)

All votes count, all feedback appreciated....

Originally posted by rstaff3

1) Show up

2) Bring the XL5

And you can vote as often as you like.

i will be there. im going to build an aura that will fly on an I357 and reach 1000mph. i'll also hopefully have a BSD 38 special and a BSD diablo(i know i'll have this, its my lvl 1) i hopefully will also have one of jerrys 29mm 2 stagers on an H to a G. should be a good time. whats everyone else bringing?

You know Doc, this meet is strictly a science experiment to see if we can break you.....:p

The rocket launching is just a pleasant byproduct.

Break? Easily done. I'm already badly bent.

But chances are looking good that besides being at TARC in May, I'll also be presenting on IGY+50 at NSS/ISDC. https://isdc.nss.org/2005/

Luckily they overlap, but it'll stretch out my stay time to the limit of my run-around money.

Back