North Coast Rocketry Tempest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arsenal78

Reaction score
So last August I acquired two free rockets, one being a PML 2" AMRAAM and the other was a rocket I couldn't identify. It looked similar to a DX3 and the PML Intruder but not quite. I scoured the web for a few days and came across a picture (the only picture and mention) of a North Coast Tempest from the early 90s. It looked identical, same size and everything. Asked Matt @ NCR and he agreed it was a Tempest. It was in semi-rough shape when I got it, dinged/missing paint, brass launch lugs that paint wasn't sticking to, and old hardware. I decided to pull it back out about 2 weeks ago and ripped off the brass lugs, used a dremel to sand down the epoxy fillets and I had to mix up some epoxy to fill the damage back in. After about 10 coats of filler primer and bondo, it was ready for a repaint. I decided on keeping part of the original paint design and I used my Cricut to create some decals for it.

The before pic is the blue and copper color, the red and black is what it is now :)
Tempest 1.jpgTempest 2.jpg

I have a NCR Tempest kit in my stash, complete with the NCR Power club member sticker. Hmm, I should think about building it someday...

I'd like to clone the Aegis-X or Pegasus one day if I can ever find info on them.

Back