North Coast Rocketry Lance Beta

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a OOP North Coast Rocketry Lance Beta off ebay.com before Christmas. Here are some of the finished pictures of it.
I did some modifications on this kit, but for the most part its stock.
-Used a LOC Precision 12ft long 9/16 tubular nylon shock cord.
-LOC Precision 29mm motor tube (did not use NCR 28.5mm tube).
-1000 series Rail buttons from LOC Precison (did not use 1/4inch launch lugs).
-Did not use stock gorilla shock cord mount. Used a 1/4inch I-bolt with quick link.
-Installed 1/4inch I-bolt in nose cone.
-Aeropack 29mm positive motor retention.
-Using Nomex shockcord sleeve and Nomex parachute protector (not using wadding).
-36 inch TopFlight parachute
-Also, thanks to Stickershock I got these great vinyl graphics!
When I was a youngster in the late 1990's 9 or 10 years old my dad had one of these and I remember very well enjoying seeing his rocket go up on Darkstar F and G motors.
I think everyone can agree that there was a rocket kit that they had as a kid or parent had that you cannot just forget. I just wanted to relive some happy memories that I had with my dad when I was little.

That is a great looking rocket and a great kit.It is too bad those kits (NCR) are OOP as you say.When I became a BAR , I remember seeing these kits ,but I was alittle too late and missed the bus :(

Nice score and very nice build !

Paul (a little green with envy)

Nice job Andrew! I look foward to seeing it fly in March. GO KC! Bill

Good job. Mine looks like it's frosted from liquid fueling because of the Krylon clear acrylic I used. The acrylic was, I think, was Krylon's early/first rattle can version, 1998 maybe. I sprayed it on, IMMEDIATELY "recoated" and sections got all frosted looking, but not wet looking. Maybe I'll post some pictures later.

Hey guys I bought a OOP North Coast Rocketry Lance Beta off ebay.com before Christmas. Here are some of the finished pictures of it.
I did some modifications on this kit, but for the most part its stock.
-Used a LOC Precision 12ft long 9/16 tubular nylon shock cord.
-LOC Precision 29mm motor tube (did not use NCR 28.5mm tube).
-1000 series Rail buttons from LOC Precison (did not use 1/4inch launch lugs).
-Did not use stock gorilla shock cord mount. Used a 1/4inch I-bolt with quick link.
-Installed 1/4inch I-bolt in nose cone.
-Aeropack 29mm positive motor retention.
-Using Nomex shockcord sleeve and Nomex parachute protector (not using wadding).
-36 inch TopFlight parachute
-Also, thanks to Stickershock I got these great vinyl graphics!
When I was a youngster in the late 1990's 9 or 10 years old my dad had one of these and I remember very well enjoying seeing his rocket go up on Darkstar F and G motors.
I think everyone can agree that there was a rocket kit that they had as a kid or parent had that you cannot just forget. I just wanted to relive some happy memories that I had with my dad when I was little.

This is one I would like to add to the gallery, with your permission.

Is this a scale model or just something that looks like ordnance?

Latest posts

Back