Noob Question- Open Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enocelot

Reaction score
How do I make Open Rocket fire a booster and then the main engine in a multi-stage.... it seems for me the simulation always go strait to the main engine....?

( When I say "noob" - I mean literally, I have only been playing with this program for two weeks and have the IT skills of a rock).

You'll need to select the rocket piece of your design, then click new stage. You'll need to ensure you have two tubes where they are labeled as the motor mount, and then you can select motors for each stage.

Hope these screenshots help.

Screenshot_2022-01-28_06-27-47.png

Screenshot_2022-01-28_06-31-34.png

Screenshot_2022-01-28_06-31-48.png

Once you've made your 2-stage model, and selected motors for each stage as shown above, don't forget to click on "Select Ignition" and choose when the stage should be ignited. Booster of course should be "Launch" and then for the 2nd stage you can choose from "First Ejection Charge from Previous Stage", "First burnout of previous stage", and other options. You can also add an additional time delay on top of the event criteria.
Select Ignition Dialog 2.jpg

Select Ignition Dialog.jpg

Hmmmm.... not seeming to work . My Booster engine works but the next stage doesn't ignite though it does eject my recovery system.....

Try going to "File-Open Example-Three Stage Rocket" to get an example of configuration and settings.

Back