Noob HPR Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to fly rockets, and this allows me to fly this one a little sooner. šŸ˜ So, your point is valid and I have no rebuttal.
Actually, that's probably the best reason to fly it. Not every flight has to have a purpose behind it. Sometimes it really is just because we want to.

Good luck and have fun.

Launching the short version was very close to a mistake. Flew it yesterday on the G78G and it flew great! Straight trajectory, flawless deployment, but...the parachute was much bigger than needed for the short version. It came down SLOW, and drifted much farther than anticipated. Plus, the wind at altitude was in a different direction, and stronger than what it was on the ground. Long story short, I didn't find and recover it for 24 hours. Even 40min of drone flying couldn't locate it! A lot of walking and searching, and hoping this morning paid off, and I found it cleverly hiding at the edge of a small patch of trees (next to a pond that it luckily missed).

In any case, it ended up successful and I'm going to leave it alone until I can certify fly with it. :D

Video of launch (videographer stopped filming too soon, but she shares a bed with me, so I won't criticize too much):

Back