Non-Pyro Staging System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Feller

Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to build the rocket that has 2 M class motor with stage seperation. Do you have any ideas about non pyro staging systems? CO2 systems with servo are not suitable.

Thanks in advance!
John

Thank you for the comments! Unfortunately, drag seperation can't be used as well, do you have any more ideas? Like spring or locking mechanisms etc.

Thank you for the comments! Unfortunately, drag seperation can't be used as well, do you have any more ideas? Like spring or locking mechanisms etc.
I have a university team that is working on something that might be termed a spring or locking mechanism. I can have them contact you if they choose to (but I suspect they will not want to share it). PM me your contact information.

Jim

I have a university team that is working on something that might be termed a spring or locking mechanism. I can have them contact you if they choose to (but I suspect they will not want to share it). PM me your contact information.

Jim

Thanks for your reply. I would be grateful. Thank you :) Sending the info

I have developed a variety of latching systems for rocket applications (pyroless deployment, parachute retention, high pressure gas hosing release etc). If you can provide details on any size/mass constraints or max load requirements I'll try and assist where I can.

Back