Quantcast

Non-Pyro Staging System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

John Feller

Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to build the rocket that has 2 M class motor with stage seperation. Do you have any ideas about non pyro staging systems? CO2 systems with servo are not suitable.

Thanks in advance!
John

Jee3300R

Reaction score
2cnd stage ignition as a backup to drag sep works well.

John Feller

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments! Unfortunately, drag seperation can't be used as well, do you have any more ideas? Like spring or locking mechanisms etc.

JimJarvis50

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments! Unfortunately, drag seperation can't be used as well, do you have any more ideas? Like spring or locking mechanisms etc.
I have a university team that is working on something that might be termed a spring or locking mechanism. I can have them contact you if they choose to (but I suspect they will not want to share it). PM me your contact information.

Jim

John Feller

Reaction score
I have a university team that is working on something that might be termed a spring or locking mechanism. I can have them contact you if they choose to (but I suspect they will not want to share it). PM me your contact information.

Jim
Thanks for your reply. I would be grateful. Thank you :) Sending the info

rharshberger

Reaction score
Maybe some variation of the Marman clamp with a solenoid activated pull pin or something.

rocket_troy

Reaction score
I have developed a variety of latching systems for rocket applications (pyroless deployment, parachute retention, high pressure gas hosing release etc). If you can provide details on any size/mass constraints or max load requirements I'll try and assist where I can.