No wonder I couldn't find it!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
I use Break Free CLP religiously to clean my motor hardware. In my opinion it is the best cleaning product you can find for this purpose, bar none. Recently I've been getting low on the stuff and have been looking for it at Walmart where I usually buy it (cheapest price). I would occasionally take a peek down the sporting goods gun aisle and never saw the big black and yellow cans I was accustom to. I had thought Walmart quit carrying the stuff! Well today, I stooped down and took a closer look at the cans in the aisle to read the fine print and I see Winchester "Break Free CLP" in the black/red style Winchester branding! I don't know if Winchester purchased Break Free, or whether they are just rebranding their superior products. Just thought I'd pass this along to others who might be using this product.

BreakFreeCLP.jpg

Tim,

Thanks for the tip.

Would you recommend applying prior to the first use of new hardware?
Secondly, should there be any concern with its use and o-rings?

Wm.

No. I use Super Lube grease to prep for flight. Break Free CLP is to clean your hardware after flight and protect when in storage between launches.

Tim,

Thanks for the tip.

Would you recommend applying prior to the first use of new hardware?
Secondly, should there be any concern with its use and o-rings?

Wm.

Kroil from Kano Labs. I use it not only for cleaning motor hardware but
also my guns.

https://www.kanolabs.com/

I have some other chemicals I use but I would not recommend them due
to the hazards with them. Chlorinated solvents are great though...

I've been using CLP on guns for a while, and it works really well... hadn't thought of cleaning motors with it. Thanks for the tip!

I'm a Hoppe's 9 man, myself. But it's good to know there is a great alternative out there. Thanks.

Greg

they are both great products but I too prefer the Hoppe's. And the smell always makes me happy because it means I'm shooting guns or rockets either way not a bad day at all...

Back