No igniter or ejection charge on certain AeroTech reloads?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Until today, every AT reload I bought came with an igniter and a vial of ejection charge. But today I opened my new J180 reload and it did not include either of these items. At first I thought there was an error, but the instructions indeed list the igniter and charge as additional "items needed for use". I did not buy from Apogee, but their listing for this motor has a photo of the kit that includes the igniter and charge, see
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocke...tech-54mm-Propellant-Kit-J180T-L?cPath=7_267&

Is there some way to tell if a reload kit includes these items? Had I known, I would have bought igniters with my order.

Contact AeroTech customer service, if it was supposed to have the items (it should iirc) they will take care of it.

The instructions specifically say these items are not included, so I doubt customer service will help, although I sure wish it was clearer before I ordered. I'll ask them, though.

Karl Baumann replied to my customer service email within minutes and says he will send me an igniter and the powder, that's great customer service.

Did he clarify if this is a new thing for them though, or if it truly was an omission?

"Did he clarify if this is a new thing for them though, or if it truly was an omission?"

He said it was an omission, as "all 54mm reloads come with an igniter kit."

Back