No fair!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
A political thread gets locked and then the mods start posting on Yankees/Sox?

Kermie -> That's cheating!

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
A political thread gets locked and then the mods start posting on Yankees/Sox?

Kermie -> That's cheating!

Yankees?

That's political.

It's not nice to use racial names for sports teams. It's demeaning. Just think of all those poor white people being demeaned by the team being called.....white people. Trying to cover it up by using the Cherokee word doesn't change anything.

OK, not political, but politically correct.
OK, politically incorrect, but is IS correct.

::points at wwattles:: He started it! :D

P.S. I didn't lock the thread.

The Yanks have nothing to worry about. I'm a Sox fan somewhat (I'm not a real baseball fan by any stretch of the imagination but when I do care... I care for the Red Sox) and the curse will show it's ugly head. I've seen it three times in my lifetime. As a Red Sox fan you get used to being teased by the team like this. I predict that they will get within one game and then fall behind again.

Hopefully the wildcard is.. uh.. in the cards.

Course the real sport starts tonight. Colts and the Pats. Then Monday the Panthers will be destroying the Packers.

But alas this thread is about :yawn: baseball.

Milo's seeing a whole team of psychologists helping him work on that delusional world he lives in surrounding those Panthers (yeah, he's probably right--the Packers have looked horrible so far).

Originally posted by Milo
The Yanks have nothing to worry about. I'm a Sox fan somewhat (I'm not a real baseball fan by any stretch of the imagination but when I do care... I care for the Red Sox) and the curse will show it's ugly head. I've seen it three times in my lifetime. As a Red Sox fan you get used to being teased by the team like this. I predict that they will get within one game and then fall behind again.

I post this Boston Globe story as extremely wishful thinking for Red Sox fans everywhere. The kid from Sudbury getting hit by the foul ball is a coincidence; an extremely rare coincidence, but still a coincidence.

The fact that the new Zakim Bridge is locally known as the Buckner Bridge [because the span runs between the legs] would be amusing if it didn't dredge such painful memories.

/Red Sox fan for 18 years

Originally posted by Milo

Course the real sport starts tonight. Colts and the Pats. Then Monday the Panthers will be destroying the Packers.

That's not a sport, it's a game, and a made-for-tv game. The only redeeming quality of football is the commerials in the first quarter of the super bowl. The jury is out on halftime till we see t his year's show. ;-)

*sits quietly and waits (and prays) for hockey season*

I'm just happy the Bucs have a Super Bowl title. Well, back to the slippery slope ways of losing. There's a humourous commercial on one of the local radio stations that comments on how we've lost 1/2 our veteran and star players but ends by saying "Hey, at least we still have Martin Gramatica." (Martin is our "saviour" kicker. That dude scores like 15 points all by himself!)

Loopy,
If you're pulling for the Columbus Bluejackets, prayer is exactly what you'll need.:p

I prefer to watch a Little League game down at the local park than all the "heroes" on TV. If you love baseball, do yourself a huge favor and find a game with 11-12 or 13-14 year old players.
That is just old enough that they start to get good, but still play just for love of the game. Fall Ball is still going strong in many areas of the country. If you like what you see, support the team by buying a hot dog at their concession stand, kicking in at their next fund raiser, or even just volunteering to help maintain the fields. If you got real big ones, volunteer to be an Ump! :D

As far as the StupidBowl halftime show, I rarely watch it, considering how crappy it usually is. The rare exception is when they have someone who is a real musician like Sting or U2. As to the hullabaloo over last year's so called wardrobe malfunction, I just have to laugh over all the hand wringing about this, you'd think people (and politicians) would have more important things to worry about. I didn't waste time watching it anyway, once I saw Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake were going to be on it, I immediately knew this was something to miss. It's a sad commentary on the state of the music biz when so called "artists" like Justin and Britney have to pull outrageous stunts to get attention, since their lame music apparently can't stand on its own!

Glenn

Originally posted by KermieD
...(yeah, he's probably right--the Packers have looked horrible so far).
At least they saw that Couch was not going to be the future.

Originally posted by gothique_97
The fact that the new Zakim Bridge is locally known as the Buckner Bridge [because the span runs between the legs] would be amusing if it didn't dredge such painful memories.
I was in my barracks at Shaw AFB, SC watching that game with my roommate... a big Mets fan. Oh the pain....

Originally posted by Loopy

.....at least the hockey stadiums have (for the most part) been built with private funds, Here in PA it cost us a $1,000,000,000 (that's a billion) in state tax dollars to build two stadiums in Philly and two in Pitt. Bad politics here. Let the owners and players build and pay for the stadiums and pass it on to the people who want to watch it, just like hockey.

I live near Philly and ain't' happy, I can only wonder how much it irritates someone in Podunk.

Originally posted by KermieD
:: points at wwattles :: He started it! :D

P.S. I didn't lock the thread.

Actually Kermie,

I was trying for the most outlandish thing I could think of, but what kept coming into my head was Wierd Al's line from "UHF":

"Neo-Nazi lesbian hookers abducted by aliens and forced into weight-loss programs... on the next Towntalk!"

I can't really say much about the BoSox, since they just spanked the hooey out of my A's during their last 3 game series. A's are pretty good this year, but sheesh! That was U-G-L-Y!

WW

Originally posted by Chilly
Loopy,
If you're pulling for the Columbus Bluejackets, prayer is exactly what you'll need.:p

Nope - I'm originally from the Detroit area - Go Wings!!!

but they don't have the cool fangors like the Preds.

Originally posted by Loopy

Any idea what cable channels carry rollerball?

JONA-THON! JONA-THON! JONA-THON! JONA-THON!

Back